II: No One Could Save Me But You

Start from the beginning

"It seemed like one a minute ago." He replied, almost breathless.

The Officer smirked, he-too considering the others words, before motioning - with his finger - for the pair to come back into the room. Ethan began to shift along ledge. Audrey, although confused, peeked at Ethan and shifted along, following his lead. The pair stopped, hovering over a large-dustbin; the officer monitoring, the cigarette still in hand. From the street down-below, the sound of an engine could be heard; Audrey recognized it as a car and by the sounds of things, it wasn't far away. She glanced down; noticing that van was starting to move down the street. What she failed to note, however, was Ethan dropping her hand and removing his belt.

"Grab onto me." Ethan commanded in a whisper.

Doing as she was told, Audrey wrapped her arms around Ethan, however; before she could registrar what was happening, Ethan jumped from the ledge and, with his belt hooked onto the telephone-wire, slid down and onto the top of the van. Although, Ethan missed the van, Audrey landed on top; she groaned loudly, but sat up and hurried off the van. She knelled next to Ethan, helping him to his feet; the pair shooting a quick glance to the window they had escaped from. The police officer still-stood, gaping at Ethan; cigarette long forgotten about. As the Officer started off and away from the window, Ethan grasped onto Audrey's hand; the pair running off in the safest direction.

//

Eventually, Audrey and Ethan had found safety (of sorts); along the way, Ethan had obtained a jacket and a pair of shoes, rendering him invisible to those in pursuit. They approached a cafe, where Ethan quickly swiped a mobile-phone; and led Audrey through the back-streets of Moscow. She watched as he placed the phone to his ear. So, this is what it's like to be an IMF agent then, she thought with a smirk.

"SAT 20. Agent 82-Delta-Echo requesting immediate Evac. Rendezvous Alpha 113." Ethan spoke firmly into the device.

Ethan, showing little-sign of emotion, appeared satisfied with the call and as they crossed onto another street, threw the phone into the nearest drain. Audrey moved closer to Ethan; but only to dodge on-coming pedestrians.

"What happens next?" She inquired quietly.

Stopping still, Ethan grasped Audrey's arm - in the same place as before - and stared deep into her eyes.

"This is your last chance, Audrey; once you come with me, that's it. You could walk away now and I wouldn't think any-less of you." He said softly.

Similar to her previous actions, the blonde grasped Ethan's hand; squeezing it reassuringly.

"I'm here to stay; all of my chances flew away the minute I helped you out of that window." Audrey's tone was equally as soft.

They shared a small-smile, before Ethan began to lead her down the road once more. He glanced down at her, as they crossed into another back-street.

"There's just something I have to do first."

//

Audrey wished that she was back in bed; she wished that the Kremlin was still in one-piece. At least then, Audrey knew she would be safe; however, safe was not the phrase she'd use right-now. Ethan seemed a lovely-man; but she sure-was not in the mood for another attack.

Gasping for breath; Audrey swam to the surface of the water, glancing around, searching for Ethan. When she couldn't locate him, her breathing quickened; surely he was still alive? There was no she was leaving without him; they'd made it this far. Audrey embarked further through the water; searching, occasionally going-under but finding it rather difficult. Although, her prayers were suddenly answered; as, from behind, a male-gasp was audible. She swam around, noticing that Ethan was now-above water; another man, whom she vaguely-recognized, swimming beside him.

"Ethan!" She called, waving her arm. "Ethan! Over here!"

Ethan craned his neck, breathing a sigh-of relief as he spotted Audrey; floating, almost gracefully, besides the sunken car. The men swam towards her; Ethan quickly scanning the blonde for any major injuries; once again, he sighed, relived. The trio quickly swam out of the water; away from the prying eyes of the bridge above. Once out of the water, Audrey grimaced; feeling the water soak into her Converse; she was most certainly throwing-these away. Ethan leading, the trio continued through the city; keeping a low profile. Audrey and, the analyst, William, walked side-by side; Ethan up ahead, occasionally turning to check on Audrey. William glanced down at Audrey; he recognized her from somewhere. She caught his gaze and smirked, crossing her arms, raising a sarcastic brow.

"Everything alright, William?" She questioned.

William, cheeks red, coughed awkwardly and averted his eyes.

"Perfect, thank you." He replied, albeit awkwardly. William coughed again. "So, are you an IMF Agent too?"

Ethan, also curious, glanced back; but Audrey simply shook her head, wet, blonde curls flying about. She chuckled quietly; the question causing her a great-amount of amusement.

"I'm a translator." She returned proudly; her job, up until now, had caused her much-joy.

Both Ethan and William appeared surprised; the former the most, he hadn't expected that. From what Benji had told him, he'd imagined Audrey to be an Agent of some form; she certainly had the bravery to be one. The team approached a set of train-tracks; Ethan halting the group.

"We're here."

//

Find the green-car.

Find the green-car.

Find the green-

"It's here!"

The train moved quickly; Ethan struggled to log-back into the IMF's system, the carriage moving-quicker than need-be. Beside him, Audrey and William waited for the signal, all the while trying to avoid obstacles heading their way. As Ethan was accepted, the carriage door opened. William was the first to enter onto the train. Once on, he held his hand out for Audrey; she gladly accepted it and leaped after him. That just left Ethan. Audrey sat back and watched as Ethan jumped on, landing inside with a loud THUD. Looking around, Audrey let out a breathless chuckle.

"Well, what a day this has been."

William groaned, lying back; where-as Ethan caught Audrey's gaze and smirked; their silence, however, was ruined by the sound of rustling. Audrey and Ethan jumped to their feet, ready to intercept the intruders; but Ethan visibly relaxed at the sight of his team. Audrey, however, frowned; focusing upon one-person in particular.

"BENJI?"

Benji lowered his weapon; mostly out of shock. Were his eyes deceiving him, or was his baby-sister really stood before him? He stood, mouth hanging open.

"Audrey?"

Without a moments hesitation, Audrey rushed into her brothers arms; causing him to drop his weapon and wrap his arms around her. The others watched on with a mixture of surprise and confusion; but this all twisted to amusement, as Audrey removed herself from the hug and quickly slapped her brother. Benji held his face, although couldn't find it in him to be angry; he deserved this. Audrey grimaced and bit down on her lip.

"Sorry Benji, but you deserved that. I've been so worried about you." She ranted calmly.

Benji nodded, but soon wore a confused expression of his own.

"Hang on a moment, what the hell are you doing in Moscow?"

Ethan and Audrey shared a small-glance; Benji not catching it, but appearing concerned none-the less. The former moved around the the large-table in the center, next to a fierce-looking woman. Audrey sighed, knowing that her plight wasn't worth the time; they had bigger-problems.

"Another story for another time, we've got work to-do."

Seemingly accepting his sisters words, Benji followed Audrey to the table; William doing the same. They all turned their attention towards Ethan; who glanced around, wearing a grim expression.

"The Secretary is dead."

//

A/N: Thank you all for your kind comments on the last chapter; I'm having so much fun whilst writing this. Let me know what you thought about this chapter.