II: No One Could Save Me But You

Start from the beginning

"You can turn around now." She offered softly.

Ethan spun on his bare-heels, staring at the now fully-clothed Audrey; he noticed the way she held herself, and for someone who had just been covered in the Kremlin, was remarkable. But, before he could admire the blonde any-more, a loud rumble echoed from outside the room; although not another Explosion, it was something similar. Russian Police. Audrey looked over with an alarmed expression; staring at Ethan cautiously. The man caught Audrey's gaze and grimaced; she hadn't any need to ask, Ethan knew what she was thinking.

"That's the Russian Police." He explained, his tone rushed.

"Right, I see." Audrey returned, walking closer to Ethan and peering out of the small-cubbyhole. "And I take it they're after you?"

Nodding, Ethan moved to stand alongside Audrey; watching as the loud-officers neared the room. They were currently checking each room, un-satisfied that they hadn't found Ethan. As Ethan continued to stare, Audrey pushed herself away from the door and started to pull on her once-pristine, white Converse. She tutted, rubbing at the blood; before tying the laces and standing back up. Audrey could hear the shouts grow closer; she knew that Ethan didn't have much time. Rushing over to the open window, Audrey leaned out of it and relished in the cold, almost harsh wind that blew onto her face. She took a deep breath and turned back towards Ethan.

Deep in her mind, she could hear her co-worker's now; they'd call her a traitor for helping Hunt, if she did, that is. Audrey would be shamed, probably kicked out of the CIA; Hunley turning a blind-eye and casting her out onto the streets. Nevertheless, this didn't deter Audrey from her next-few steps; she had made her mind up. Audrey stole one last glance out of the window, before racing over to Ethan and seizing his hospital-gown; quickly dragging him over to the open-window. She caught Ethan staring at her, his green-eyes full of curiosity. This caused Audrey to roll her eyes in return.

"Look-" She began hurriedly. "You saved me earlier, therefore, it's my turn to return the favour."

Ethan's hand clasped around Audrey's arm; watching with a concerned expression.

"I couldn't allow you to do that." He responded softly.

//

BANG, BANG, BANG

//

The pair simultaneously turned to face the door; just as the Russian Police continued their tirade. They were closing in. Audrey placed her hand a-top of Ethan's; staring at him, dead in the eye.

"I'm not giving you a choice Mr Hunt. You saved me, therefore, this is me saving you." She reiterated sternly; ensuring that her word was final.

Ethan watched her for a handful of seconds, hoping to find a source of hesitation in the younger-woman's eyes; there was none. He sighed and gave her a small smile, which Audrey gladly returned. Behind them, the door opened with an almighty-crash; the Police tumbling into the room. However, by the time the Police had entered the room, Audrey and Ethan had already ascended onto the window ledge.

The couple stood, side-by-side, teetering over the edge; Ethan appearing much shakier than before, Audrey, on the other-hand, was trying her hardest not to glance down. Through her sudden rush of adrenaline, she'd failed to remember that she occasionally suffered from vertigo. It hadn't looked too high from inside; oh, how she hated to be wrong. She leaned back and gulped, tuning back to stare at Ethan and the Police officer, who was casually-leaning out of the window; almost as if he was taunting the runaways. He lit a cigarette and smirked, smoking the item with ease.

"Not a good idea."

Ethan bobbed his head, considering the Officer's words; however, without the Officer noticing, had taken Audrey's hand in his.