Luvia- When Oceans Storm

Team Natsu goes to the beach at night and Lucy thinks about Aquarius... and then like depression happens, but dw Juvia is there for her.

Contains Luvia with some Gratsu on the side as well as mentions of Chendy and Gruvia.

For day 2 of #ftlgbtales' event "when we take different paths" femslash week! Prompt: comfort
~

Fairy Tail was always the place to go when you wanted to party and have fun. Even the guild members seemed to carry that aura with them. Wherever they went, the mark of a Fairy Tail member meant some craziness was in store.

Even when Lucy's team went to the beach in the middle of the night.

Lucy didn't even know why they were there in the first place. Why go to a beach when it was dark and cold out?

To be fair, the cold wouldn't bother Gray and Natsu. The boys were playing in the surf, throwing globs of wet sand at each other and yelling. Happy egged them on, flying above the scene and telling Natsu it would be bonus points if he got sand in Gray's ears.

Despite the time of night, Wendy, Carla, and Erza looked serene, yet ready for an adventure as they walked barefoot along the beach. Their sandals abandoned in a pile as they looked for shells, because Wendy had promised to bring a pretty one back for Chelia.

Erza declared they would bring back many glorious sea shells, ones worthy of a mermaid queen; the young girl and her cat laughed at the red head's enthusiasm.

However, there was one fairy girl not partaking in the fun. It wasn't because it was cold or dark out, it was because there was something heavy weighing on her heart.

Lucy stood in place, staring at the ocean waves. The sea breeze nipped at her cheeks and nose, tugging at her blonde ponytail.

Aquarius.

Lucy's hand drifted towards a key that was no longer on it's ring. She had a mermaid shaped hole in her heart, and there was nothing she could do to fill it.

"Lucy-san?"

Lucy looked to see Juvia at her side, blue hair waving in the wind. The color of her hair yet another reminder of Lucy's loss.

The strange thing wasn't that Juvia had followed them, that happened all the time. The strange thing was that Juvia was actually talking to Lucy, and even stranger, her voice had been soft, not holding its usual accusing love rival tone. In fact, Juvia sounded almost like she was... worried.

That idea startled Lucy so much that she took a step away, nervously tucking a stray hair behind her ear. "What is it Juvia? Y-you're staring."

Juvia wasn't daunted by the statement. Her dark blue eyes continued to bore into Lucy's. Another similarity that linked her to the spirit.

"Juvia thinks Lucy-san is sad."

The blonde couldn't help the bitter laugh that escaped her lips. "How could you tell?"

"Juvia knows that look in Lucy-san's eyes. That look means that a love was lost."

Wow, she was right on the money. To be fair Lucy must've looked pretty lonely, standing still and staring at the ocean like that. Kind of like one of her book's scenes. Except this wasn't a book. There wasn't a guaranteed happy ending. Just a bunch of questions without answers. Would she be able to find Aquarius' key? Where should she even look? Had someone else already come into possession of the spirit?