16

16 ; irl

third person's pov

athena's hospital room was quiet. all the boys were back home, except for jack and daniel. jack was asleep in a couch in the left side of athena's bed. and daniel was sitting in the couch on the right side.

"why are you acting so weird, daniel?" athena whispered, not wanting to wake up her boyfriend from his peaceful sleep.

"nothing important. i- i'm just very stressed."

athena sighed, knowing that he was lying.

"you're so bad at lying." athena rolled her eyes, before closing her eyes and attempting to fall asleep, but she couldn't.

when she looked at daniel, the boy was asleep as well. she checked at the time. two in the morning.

she sighed, then realizing she did it way too loud. daniel didn't wake up, but jack did.

"are you okay, babe?" he said as soon as he opened his eyes.

"i'm fine. i just can't sleep."

jack grabbed athena's hand, and started rubbing circles with his thumb around her palm, which surprisingly, she found calming.

"i love you, gray." jack whispered in athena's ear, sending shivers down her spine.

"i love you too, jack." she whispered back.

athena woke up to find, not only daniel, but also jack gone.

she heard the bathroom door open, so she turned around to see who was with her.

"morning, thena." her older brother said.

"morning, zach." athena smiled. "where's jack and daniel?"

"they are home showering, jack will come back soon." zach said as he took a seat next to his sister.

"oh." athena grabbed her phone and started to go through her social media.

"what's wrong with daniel? he has been acting weird lately." athena said as she looked up from her phone. zach scratched the back of his neck.

"so you haven't seen it yet?"

word count; 305

-

author's note;

i know this is short. i only updated because whyjackwe wanted me to.