Bonus Chapter #4

"Please..." a quiet groan rumbled up from his chest as he backed me against the closest wall. His body was so firm and hard, pushing into mine, taking any type of affection and closeness it could get.

I cupped his jaw, deepening our fervent kiss even more while his hands gripped the material of my black dress by my waist. This was passionate, needy and bordering on wild. 

I left my heels by the door, by my better judgement.

For a moment I wondered how many women he had had up here, in his bedroom, but then reminded myself that it was none of my business.

Thanks to years of yoga, I was able to unzip my dress and slide it smoothly down my body without much trouble. In the dimness, I watched as Jacob followed it closely drop to the floor, before his dark eyes met mine again.

He blushed. My sweet Jacob blushed, and I realised then I had never really stopped loving him. Once you love someone – truly love someone, in the purest kind of way – you never stop.

"I guess you still have me blushing," he chuckled quietly, running a hand through his hair while I stepped back to lift up my dress from the floor.

I smiled to myself as I placed it on a nearby chair. People who blush are the types you know you can trust, since their conscience betrays them clearly.

"I'm glad. I love it when you blush," I told him, taking slow steps towards him in my lingerie, "women must be jumping into your bed, with a bedroom like this. It's gorgeous."

A small smile tugged at the sides of his lips as he watched me now stand right in front of him, my hands moving up to gently place themselves on his chest. My heart was racing, not believing I was actually doing this.

"Do you think I let just anyone inside my home?" He replied, hands reaching forward a little for my waist, moving along my sides just feeling me and gently moving me closer to his clothed front, "nobody's been here. Besides Jess, and now you. No reason to be jealous."

"I wasn't jealous," I nudged him, watching as a grin now tugged at his lips, "I was just wondering."

"Of course you were," he nodded, giving me a discreet wink, "do you remember those late nights when we'd stay up, and I'd listen to you ramble on and on about the universe?"

"Gosh, please don't remind me," I let out a quiet laugh, shaking my head down at the minimal space between us.

"Honestly, half the time I had no idea what you were even talking about..." he admitted, amused, "I just loved listening to you talk... do you remember when you talked about the universe bringing back together whatever belongs together?"

I raised my head up to find his dark eyes again, and raised my brows for him to continue. I brought my hands to slowly begin unbuttoning the buttons of his well-fitted dress shirt.

"That's us, Isis. I know it sounds very cliché, but I remember when you talked about it, it just clicked," he spoke, glancing down at my fingers very carefully revealing his chest, "you wouldn't be here now, if it weren't true. I'm fucking tired of searching for you in everyone I meet. Please."

His voice cracked, almost inaudibly, at the end, and the silent emotion in his voice made me want to cry.

I remained silent, just watching as my fingers calmly opened up his dress shirt. I felt my fingertips tingling every time they brushed against his warm and smooth skin.

"Isis?"

"The universe is strange, I'll give you that," I finally replied once I had rid him of the shirt. My eyes met his, and I gave him a gentle and comforting smile as an attempt to relax him.

"Jacob, this is going to make things very complicated, you do understand that, right?" I let out a small breath.

"I do."

"And I really shouldn't even be here right now, I hate to lower myself to my cheating husband's level," I continued, feeling the reality of what was about to happen slowly creep up on me. He watched me, knowing exactly what was going through my mind then.

Jacob didn't say anything. We both knew I was cheating on my husband.

"I shouldn't—"

He cut me off with an almost punishing kiss, hand tangling in my hair while holding me against him with the other.

"I don't care about what you should or shouldn't do. They don't matter. All that matters is that I love you and I know you love me," he told me, his voice rough.

I blinked slowly, taking in his words and revelling in them. I adored the person Jacob had become, as I had adored the Jacob I had fallen in love with in the first place.

"Are we doing this?" I found myself asking quietly.

"Do you want to do this?" His dark eyes searched mine, timid to find any hesitation.

"Yes."