thirty one - birthday surprise

Start from the beginning

"I can get the alcohol, I guess," Shane said, "I mean, I'll look like an alcoholic white man buying all of that but I'll do it."

I laughed and nodded, "thanks Shane."

"Since I'm not doing anything, should I stay with Andrew to make sure he doesn't suspect anything?" I asked, mainly wanting to just hang out with him.

Shane smirked, "you want to fuck him so bad."

My eyes widened and my cheeks turned red, "wha—Shane, shut up," I whined.

Morgan laughed, "I think it's a good idea she stays with him. Just in case he gets a spontaneous idea to come over and sees what we're planning," she said.

"Alright, team. Operation Siwicki Birthday is commenced!" I said as we all dispersed to do our own thing.

I drove to Andrew's apartment without telling him to do a little surprise of my own. When I arrived, I knocked on the door and waited for him to open it.

When he opened the door, I jumped on him and wrapped him in a huge hug, my legs around his torso.

He stumbled back a bit but then realized it was me and wrapped his arms firmly around me.

"Happy birthday, baby," I smiled at him.

He kissed my forehead and giggled, "thank you, but it's not that big of a deal," he shrugged, closing the door and walking to the living room with me still wrapped around him.

I frowned and jumped off, "it's a massive deal! You were birthed on this day 26 years ago! A little tiny ball of Andrew Siwicki...that was you," I told him, slapping his chest lightly.

He laughed and looked away, shaking his head, "can we just chill at my house today?" He asked me.

I nodded and smiled, "we can watch a movie, love."

He gratefully smiled and thanked me, kissing my cheek and bringing us down onto the couch. I brought up Netflix and we both watched a Will Smith movie we loved.

After a couple of more movies and a lot of cuddling, it was nearing 7 PM and I had gotten a text from Garrett saying they were almost ready and that I should come over with Andrew in about an hour.

I, of course, had to sort of angle my phone away from Andrew so I could text back Garrett. Andrew looked at me being weird and furrowed his brows.

"Who're you texting?" He asked me.

I angled my phone away from him more and said, "no one."

He frowned and looked back to the tv, loosening his grip around my waist. I noticed his body actions and turned my phone off.

I wrapped my arm around his neck and pulled him closer, "it was just my friend, Zoey. You didn't know her so that's why I said no one," I lied to him, apologetically smiling.

He looked down and faintly smiled, "you didn't have to explain yourself. I had no right to get mad over a little text," he said, looking up at me.

I kissed his cheek, "you wanna do something at 8?" I asked him, fluttering my eyelashes.

He groaned, "Nat, I said I didn't wanna do anything today."

I frowned, "c'mon, Andrew. Live a little."

He sighed and smiled, "alright, fine. Where are we going?" He asked me.

"It's a surprise. Dress casual but your best type of casual," I said to him, not really knowing what you wear to a surprise birthday party.

"So...track pants and a sweater?" He asked me.

I rolled my eyes and laughed, "yeah, yeah whatever."

We both went into his room to change. I went through my drawer he leant to me filled with my clothes and looked for an outfit.

I went to the restroom to put it on while he changed in his room. When I finished, I walked into his room to see him button the last few buttons on his shirt that he paired with his track pants.

"A button up? You've outdid yourself tonight, Siwicki," I teased, walking up to him and gently holding his collar.

He smiled and looked down at me, "maybe I snapped."

I groaned and rolled my eyes, "you're hanging around Ryland way too much."

We held hands and walked to my car.

"Do you mind if I stop at Shane's house first? I left my wallet there," I nervously asked him.

"Why would you need your wallet? I can pay," he said.

"It has my id and stuff," I said as he nodded.

I drove to Shane's house and parked outside, seeing the numerous amount of cars parked right outside the driveway.

Andrew widened his eyes at all the cars, "are the neighbors having a party? This is crazy," he said, getting out the car as we walked inside.

When I knocked on the door, no one answered, as planned, as I then waited a few seconds before opening it. When I opened it, I stepped inside and Andrew followed behind me. All the lights were off so it was pitch black.

"Why the hell is it so dar—" Andrew started to say.

"SURPRISE!!!" Everyone yelled as they all jumped out after I turned on the light.

Andrew jumped and widened his eyes as he stared at everyone, "holy shit!"

"Happy birthday, bitch!" Shane yelled as everyone cheered.

Andrew grinned widely as he went and ecstatically hugged everyone, thanking them for coming. He ran up to me and excitedly wrapped his arms around me, spinning me around. I screamed and laughed as he then put me down, kissing my face multiple times.

Everyone started to disperse as some went up and wished Andrew a happy birthday.

Shane, Ryland, Morgan, and Garrett walked up to us as they said happy birthday.

"Did you all think of this?" Andrew asked, his smile not leaving his face.

"It was Ryland's idea but we all helped to make it a thing," Garrett said.

"Thank you all. I'm so grateful to have friends like you guys," Andrew said.

Shane did a sharp inhale, "we know," he dragged out.

———
A/N: hbd to our hot ass ginger bitch