Reconciliation of the Living

Start from the beginning

Y/n: "Give me a second. Where is this coming from?"

Souichiro: "The truth is, I've been thinking about this for a long time, ever since you came back, with us thinking that you were dead. But not even Death can take you away from the determination and the things that drives you forward."

Y/n: "Ok, I thank you for the compliment, but that didn't answered question. A few minutes ago, you were suspicious about me if I followed my father's path, and now you're asking me to lead this people if you pass away. Why the sudden change?"

Souichiro: "I knew about your father's ideals and his actions long before you were born, I just didn't have the courage to annihilate him because I owed him my life. I knew that one day, you would cross paths with him, and you would be the one to stop his madness."

Y/n: "You were faking that you thought he was dead this whole time?" He nodded.

Souichiro: "After you told me he died, I didn't believe it, but I had to know for certain. After I heard that the lab where this creatures were created was destroyed, the only thing that came to my mind was you. You had special training and the only one who could've done that was you. The times that we talked about the lab, I saw great sorrow and disgust in your eyes, and I knew you killed him. I was just waiting for the time you would confirm it."

Y/n: "Still doesn't answer my questions."

Souichiro: "Every leader that has determination, goals, and the way to move on from a dreadful past, is a great leader. You have those qualities. You also brought every civilians alive, brave enough to make your own choices without having second thoughts, and support your own without hesitating. This is why I chose you as my successor." My eyes widened. He chose me, above everyone, just me. I couldn't ask more because it was enough. I can't take that responsability, it's too much, but I have to think this through.

Y/n: "Just... let me think this through. It's too much to take in."

Souichiro: "Very wise. You can come in now!" He called to the others. After a few seconds, everyone was standing around me looking a little worried, but I just smiled and told them that everything was ok. "You've got your orders kids. Go to the lab where they were created, and confirm Benjamin L/n and teacher Shido are dead, and I want all of you to go. Is that clear!?" We all nodded. "Alright, you're all dismissed."

We went outside, and it was dawn. I don't know why is it taking us so much to do the missions and it always end in dawn or night. I was following Takashi when Kiriko called to me. I turned around and saw her with Rei looking away. I walked towards them and Kiriko started talking.

Kiriko: "This distance between both of you is going to be the death of you both and it's getting in my nerves."

Rei: "Mother-"

Kiriko: "Silence!" She cut Rei off. "Enough excuses from you Rei. And you Y/n, stop giving up when Rei rejects you from talking." I looked down and so did Rei. "Now," she puts her hands together. "start talking with each other or you won't leave this place and we'll leave you to those creatures." My eyes widened from the threat and Rei was shaking. She then left us alone.

She was standing in front of me, not looking my way, and I was looking down, thinking of what to say to her.

We were like this for three minutes, until she spoke.

Rei: "So, how were you doing on the missions the past two weeks?" She still didn't looked at me, but I was looking at her after she asked.

Y/n: "Eh, you know, the usual. Getting supplies, searching for more survivors, and kill Them before they can touch us. How about you?" She shrugged.