Reconciliation of the Living

Y/n P.o.v

Y/n: "The one who created Them was Benjamin. Benjamin L/n. My father." After I said that fact, Souichiro, Yuriko, Kiriko, Tadashi, Saeko, Shizuka, Alice, and Rei gasped. Zeke just barked. The others knew, but their eyes were wide because it still shocked them.

Souichiro: "It can't be. That's impossible. You said that he was dead, killed by the hands of the people who captured you."

Y/n: "That's what I thought as well, but he used a decoy that looked like him. The decoy played like he wanted: desperate, scared, and agitated. In the process, I tried to save him, but made them kill the decoy so I could go rampage and accidentally kill my mother."

Souichiro: "That can't be true. Benjamin was a good man, a good comrade, why would he do such a thing?" I just sighed and shooked my head.

Y/n: "I wish that it wasn't true, but it is the truth. Benjamin L/n is the creator, the one who started this Outbreak, and his only reason was that he wanted all of us to see what was real fear, what it means to run for your life, and that we can't survive without each other." They looked confused for his reasons, but still shocked.

Yuriko: "Do you follow his ideals?"

Y/n: "It's true that we need each other, that we can't abandon our own family and friends, but to create monsters for us to learn that, is inhuman."

Souichiro: "Y/n, yes or no, do you follow your father's ideals!?" He sounded angry and irritated. Again, he was reaching for his weapon. I looked directly at his eyes with the most serious expression I could give.

Y/n: "No." He looked skeptical and was going to speak, but I reached for the necklace that I took from father, and placed it with ferocity on the table. They looked at it and were curious of it. "If I was following his ideals, I wouldn't be here and I wouldn't have killed him in the first place. Benjamin L/n is dead by my blade, and this pendant is the only thing that reminds me of the false father he was." I took the pendant and put it back on. "And it's the only thing that I have that reminds me of my mother." I clenched the pendant in my fist. I looked at Souichiro and he was still skeptical about me. Yuriko was saddened, but she didn't say anything.

Tadashi: "Do you know how he created those creatures?"

Y/n: "The sick people were inside a pod, mutating, rotting with their own sickness, after that, they became the things they are now."

Kiriko: "Is there a way to stop Them from spreading?"

Y/n: "The damage was done, he send Them to all continents of the world, the only way to stop Them is to kill them one by one or by placing Them in one place, and then explode the place. Stop them from spreading, is to not get bitten." Souichiro sighed.

Souichiro: "Are you certain that it was Benjamin L/n who made this happen?" He still didn't believe it. 'Looks like they were good friends in the past, but the appearance can fool everyone.' I thought.

Y/n: "As sure that a son can identify his own father's pride." I said with seriousness. He shooked his head and looked down.

Souichiro: "Can everyone leave the tent? I want to have a few words alone with Mr. L/n." I thought I told him to not call me mister. They were hesitant, but eventually left. Now, it was Souichiro Takagi and me. "I want to know one thing, just one thing." I nodded, not knowing where this was going. "Would you take my place when I pass on to the next world?" I flinched that it was like I dodged a punch.

Y/n: "Wait, what!?"

Souichiro: "This may be so sudden, out of our previous conversation, and a sudden change of heart, but I want to know if you would do it." I was so shocked that his mood changed from anger to calm. And his question isn't what I thought he might say, not even in his final days.