"I get it.." My voice lowered as I didn't know what to tell. I mean, I can't just tell him that it was because of him, sort of.

"Actually there wasn't really a reason behind it, I was a little emotional that day and I-" Max interrupted me. "Were you upset because of what Daniel has told you?"

Does he really think so?

"Maybe, I don't know." I lied.

"Well I think we should change the subject in something more fun and if you want to tell me the truth some time, you always can."

My eyes widened. He fucking knows I'm lying. "How? I mean-"

"You're cheeks are red and you're not looking at me but to the ground, seems like lying to me." He chuckled and drove into the parking lot.

"Oh- that's uh.." I chuckled softly and my cheeks became more red. "It's not a big deal, let's forget it, al right?" He put on his cap and sunglasses and smirked.

"Sure!" I said, feeling relieved as he took it so lightly and didn't care that I wasn't ready to tell the truth yet.

"I hope you know what to get?" Max asked as soon as we entered the supermarket. "I do, but it's a lot!" I admitted and showed Max the list I made yesterday. "Oh god, I think we better start now otherwise there's no time for the beach anymore!" He said dramatically.

"Shut up!" I slapped his shoulder and laughed. "What? I'm serious here!" He replied teasingly. "I'm sure you are." I giggled and handed him the list.

"And now we are going to get every single grocery on the list and you're gonna help me!" I added and we started.

- - - - -

"FINALLY!" I threw my towel on the sand and laid down. Max giggled and laid down as well. "See, we've still enough time left!" I sticked out my tongue and Max shrugged his shoulders. "Okay, guess you were right." He replied. "Doesn't happen a lot, so congratulations!"

My eyes widened and I slapped his arm. "Oh shut up, you're an asshole you know?" Max chuckled and looked at me. "You love me, I mean, everybody does." I pulled my eyebrows into a frown and grinned. "Don't flatter yourself too much, Max" He bursted out in laughter and shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm just telling the truth here?!"

"I bet you do,"

"Do you want to go swimming with me?" Max casually asked, changing the topic. "Sure!" I answered enthusiastically and stood up.

I walked together with Max towards the sea. The sand was hot and I felt like burning my feet. "Damn it!" I quickly ran to the sea where I cooled my feet to the cold water.

"Hi there!"

I took a sharp breath and turned around. "Stop scaring me to hell, Max!" I said, annoyed. Max obviously didn't care and jumped next to me in the water.

I wanted to follow his example but I found it way too cold. "No way I'm going in there!" I resolutely said. "Ah come on, it's not that cold, Mel!" He pulled a sadly face and I chuckled.

"Nope, still not convinced."

"Okay, you clearly need some help." Max threatened. Then he stood up and walked towards me. I realized what he was planning to do and started yelling. "No Max, NO!" I turned around and ran away.