two

I'm hurt. She said. But I don't know who hurt me.

The boy wasn't going to be afraid. He knew lots of people who had said this to him. But not the way she had said it. Silently. It was like walking in a familiar dark forest and, for once, it's almost scary to him. But there was something else there. 

Something else.

"What do you mean by that?" he asked softly as the girl continued to tap against the material, My father. He beats me. But I can't tell. I can't. Because I don't want to. Am I hurting myself? Please tell me.

He gulped as the question seemed to stun him, "No. You aren't. It's okay to feel disappointed in yourself. It's okay to feel restrained." And he almost slipped into his own story. His own words. The keyboard in front of him almost seemed lonely as he shook himself away from his distractions, fingers back on the keyboard.

"You don't deserve this from your father. Could you tell me who is this father of yours? Who is he to you?" he questioned carefully, afraid the girl wouldn't tattle because she seemed to care about her father. Cared enough to keep quiet for him.

There are silence and no answer as he heard sirens closing in on the other side of the call. He knew the police had arrived and it was time to part with the young lady. He almost felt ashamed. He couldn't help her anymore.

The line went dead as he took his headset off and sighed a loud sigh. Throwing his head back against his office chair as it moved slightly at his weight. He looked at the clock that was hung against the wall of his room. 11:43

His shift was going to be over soon but the uneasy feeling is still there. Looking back at his computer, he slammed the enter button harder than he meant. The key tumbled out of place when he tapped it's edge.

Groaning, he watched as the message sent out to the station and he waited. Waited as if he knew there was a call going to come in. As if he knew someone else was going to press that button again and the system was going to send the call to him.

But the ringing then came from his cell phone. He picked it up with a quick reflex and a voice rumbled through the speaker, "Kim Mingyu-ssi? We need you at the station." He furrowed his eyebrows and asked, "What's wrong?"

"Kang Hyein only wants to see you. She won't say anything but insist, on a piece of paper, that she wants to see the person on the other side of the phone, you!"