Prologue

The Man in the Moon. The first ever Guardian.

Some thought it was Santa Claus, but we call him North. And others thought it was the Sandman who we call Sandy. Manny was the first, how he came to be, no one really knows. He likes to keep that story to himself. All we know is that he guards the children alongside his sister, the Sun. She doesn't really do much, but that's okay.

The first Guardians were Sandy and Pitch, but Pich turned dark. They had guarded children's dreams but all Pitch wanted to do was instill fear with his nightmares. Instead of giving Sandy a new partner, Manny chose the Guardian of Wonder, Ol' Saint Nick. He was given his own special holiday where he was able to fill the children with happiness and wonder, Christmas as you may know it.

Soon after, another was chosen. The Guardian of Imagination, Willow. She was more commonly known as the spirit of Halloween. In some stories, she was depicted as a witch with long silver hair. In others, the only feature you could make out in the forest was her bright orange eyes. Said stories were meant to frighten children to stop them from wandering off into the forest alone.

When North and Willow were chosen, they were given the task to protect the children from Pitch. It was pretty easy to do, especially when the others joined them. Bunnymund, The Guardian of Hope, also known as the Easter Bunny. Toothania, Guardian of Memories, A.K.A. the Tooth fairy. And soon, Jack Frost will be added to the mix.

Eventually, Pitch disappeared, thanks to Jack, and the guardians had nothing to worry about. They had all taken to their realms and continued their work. North went to the mountains of the North Pole and built his workshop. He had yetis and elves to help him prepare for each Christmas. Bunnymund built his warren deep underground beneath Australia, which is also known as the birthplace of Spring. He didn't really have any helpers since the eggs themselves did most of the work.

Tooth found an island in Asia where she built her castle within a mountain, hidden from the world. It was known as Punjam Hy Loo. As years passed, she began to split herself into multiples to create mini-fairies to help her collect children's baby teeth and bring them back to her palace. Sandy created the Island of the Sleepy Sands where he lives. He doesn't have any helpers since he prefers to do his job on his own.

Willow found a deep dark forest and built her home. It was a giant mansion that looked abandoned on the outside and brand new on the inside. The mansion was so deep in the woods, that very few had ever seen it. Willow recruited black cats and spiders to help her. She even managed to create some goblins that acted much like North's elves. The spiders took care of cobwebs and decorations that required strings, the goblins made candy, costumes, and other decorations. The black cats served as Willow's eyes and ears around the world. It was how she kept up with the world.

Willow was known to keep to herself, which was why the other Guardians, besides North and Manny, had never even met her. She kept to the shadows and observed. The others had heard stories but had never met her. But that would soon change. 

A/N - Rereading this, I realized how badly I had written this. Given that it was my first ever story on Wattpad, I can't be too harsh. Anyway, here's the updated edited version. Enjoy

Written - August 7th, 2018

Edited - August 20th, 2022