Western Love: Chapter Six

It had been a few months, and the only reason Sky and the others hadn't come to get Mitch was because the bridge was indeed blown away by the wind. They had to make another one, but winter was coming, and coming fast.

~~~~~~~

Mitch sighed, looking out a nearby window. Where are they? Don't they care that I may be dead.....? His thoughts were interrupted by a sharp knock at the door. Mitch sighed, standing from the window still he had been sitting on. He walked over to the door and opened the door. "What do you want?" Mitch growls, looking at Jerome. "The stagecoach is coming. Everyone comes to welcome it." Jerome says. "What does that have to do with me?" Mitch snaps. "Your brother is on it."

~~~~~~~~~

Tyler sat next to the driver of the stagecoach, smiling as he watches the desert fly past them. "Ah, I can't wait to get home Bodil." He says to the driver next to him. "Neither can I." The driver, Bodil, chuckles. Tyler smiles, looking up at the beautiful sky.

"Oh the deadwood stage is a-rollin' on over the plains. With the curtains flappin' and the driver slappin' the reins. A beautiful sky, a wonderful day. Whip crack-away, whip crack-away, whip crack-away."

Tyler sings as Bodil smiles.

"Oh the deadwood stage is a-headin' on over the hills. Where the Injun arrows are thicker than than porcupine quills. Dangerous land, no time to delay. So whip crack-away, whip crack-away, whip crack-away."

Tyler sings, standing and walking onto the top of the stagecoach. He moves so that he's hanging on the side safely, the males in the coach sings along with him in their deep voices.

"We're headin' straight for town, loaded down with a fancy cargo. Cares of Wells and Fargo, Illinois - Boy! Oh! The Deadwood Stage is a-comin' on over the crest, lole a homing pigeon that's a-hankerin' after its nest. Twenty-three miles we've covered today. So, whip crack-away, whip crack-away, whip crack-away!

Tyler sings, smiling as he pulls himself back up on the stagecoach.

"The wheels go turnin' round, homeward bound, Can't you hear 'em humming, happy times are coming for to stay - hey! We'll be home tonight by the light of the silvery moon, and our hearts are thumpin' like a mandolin a-plunking a tune."

Tyler sings, pulling out a whip and cracking it into the sky, the horses running faster.

"When I get home, I'm fixing to stay. So, whip crack-away, whip crack-away, whip crack-away, whip crack-away, whip crack-away, whip crack-away!"

Tyler sings as the stagecoach thunders into town, Bodil slowing down the horses. Men on top of horses rode along side the stagecoach, taking off their cowboy hats and waving them in the air. Women and men run out of their homes, cheering and waving. As the stagecoach comes to a stop Tyler hops down next to Bodil, smiling brightly.

A old man, in his seventies or eighties, looks out a window that stood over the stagecoach. "Well excuse my stutter, if it isn't Tyler Brotatio!" He says as Tyler smiles even bigger, waving.

~over with Jerome and Mitch~

"NO! IM NOT GOING!" Mitch yells as he dug his nails into a chair in his house, Jerome trying to pull him outside. "It's your brother! Maybe he can knock some sense into ya!" Jerome growls. "NO! GO TO HELL!" Mitch screams, trying to kick Jerome away. "I WILL DRAG YOU BY YOUR FEET!" "I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU TRY!"

"I hate you, you fucking bastard." Mitch growls as Jerome dragged him out of his house by his foot. "You said you'd like to see me try, don't go blamin' me."