Chapter 4

Weeks had passed since the large childish Spartan and his holographic AI bestfriend had changed their friendship into a romantic relationship. Training and missions came and went, the times they were apart made them feel lonely but made their times together even more precious to them. Currently Caboose was seated in the training hall as Washington sparred with Tucker, talking to Church offhandedly as he waited for his turn to come. The two had grown a pattern, for when they would go into Caboose's head to be with each other and when they would just stay in the real world with everyone else. Caboose was eager for training to end so he could quickly shower and slip into his mind so he could hug, kiss, and cuddle his shorter boyfriend.
  No one had found out about their relationship yet, but they were planning to tell them soon. Caboose always wanted to talk about their relationship and it was getting harder for the young Spartan to stay quiet about his feelings for the AI. Church had finally decided that Caboose's happiness took place far before his own embarrassment, and he didn't want his boyfriend to spontaneously combust from not being able to talk about him. “Hey, so when do you wanna tell the guys and C about us?” Church asked the dark blue eyed man as he sat on his shoulder.
  “Anytime they are all together and you are okay with telling them, Church.” Caboose said with a bright smile, continuing to hum like he had been before he spoke. Church nodded and hummed in acknowledgment to the Spartans words, thinking about when the next time everyone would be together would be. “Would the next meeting between all of us and Kimball work?” Church asked in a thoughtful manner. Caboose stopped humming to think about what Church had just said, trying to remember when the meeting would be. “Sure, Church. When is that?” Caboose asked with a confused cock of his head. “Umm, tonight… before bed, but after dinner.” Church said elaborately, to make sure Caboose knew exactly when it was.
  “Oh okay. Yes, that is okay, yes.” Caboose nodded in agreement. His voice having that tone to it that made it seem like he was agreeing to something he didn't know the nature to, even though he completely understood his boyfriend. Suddenly Wash called for Caboose and Tucker to switch out, so Church blinked out of existence, but he would give praise to Caboose when Wash would tell him he had improved on something. Soon enough training was over and Caboose had moved to his room to bathe. He sighed as the water showered over the tense muscles of his back and shoulders, closing his eyes and thinking about how the others would react when he and Church told everyone about them.
  He was sure Church didn't have a reason to be embarrassed, but he was gonna keep his guard slightly up just to be safe. Shaking his head to stop thinking about that topic, the Spartan quickly washed up and got redressed into some underwear,sweatpants, and a black tank top. Caboose then laid back on his bed and closed his eyes as Church did his thing to bring Caboose into his mind. When Caboose reopened his eyes, he was right back in the imaginary Blood Gulch base with Church in his life size form, waiting for Caboose to go over and give him a hug. Caboose smiled brightly at his boyfriend, walking up to him and bringing the green eyed man into a bone crushing hug (thank god he was an AI and wouldn't actually get any bones broken).
  “I love being able to hug you, Church. I love being able to kiss you too, but hugging and cuddling are my favorites.” Caboose said with a large goofy smile, making Church giggle in an almost girly manner that he would never own up to if asked about it later. “Yeah, I love it too, Caboose.” Church said kissing the Spartans cheek lightly gaining a giggle from the childish man in return. Caboose set Church back down kissing the shorter man's forehead lightly, before backing away and sitting down on the cot that was laid out in the room. He opened his arms wide, beckoning the green eyed man into his arms.
  Church laid down next to the Spartan and cuddled up to his bigger frame so he could rest his head on the blue eyed man’s chest, listening intently to his heartbeat with a calm smile. “How do you think they’ll react? I hope they don't make fun of us or something like that. Hopefully they'll just accept it, congratulate us, and move one.” Church said in a wondering manner, gaining a sigh that sounded resigned, if not annoyed, from his larger male partner. “I am sure that everyone will be okay with us… maybe stupid Tucker will say something mean, but…” Caboose trailed off like the answer was obvious, which it was.
  “Yeah, that's just Tucker. I know I'm annoying you with my constant worry over this, bud. It's not really like me to care all that much about other people's opinions. I don't really ever care actually, and that's what's bugging me the most about all of this. It's the fact that I do give a shit that's messing with me. Like seriously, when have you ever seen me worry about something that wasn't related to either you or Tex?” Church asked in an annoyed manner. “Nev-.” “Exactly, never. This is bullshit, Caboose. I shouldn't give a shit on how they're gonna react. It's our business, so only our opinions should really matter. UGH! I'm driving myself insane going in circles like this. I'm a fucking AI, I shouldn't have problems like this and yet here I am… thinking about how the fuck those fuckers will react to something that doesn't concern them. We're being nice just by telling them anything, they should be grateful that we're telling them anything personal while we're in this shitty army.” Church said in anger, cutting off Caboose as he spoke.
  Church turned to stuff his face into one of the two pillows they had, before releasing a muffled scream of annoyance. “It is okay, Church. I will be with you the whole time. If something happens that you do not like, you can just hide in my head until they stop doing whatever it is that made you want to hide.” Caboose said patting and rubbing at Church’s back reassuringly. With a sigh Church lifted himself away from the pillow and looked up at the Spartan. “Thanks, Caboose. That's a really good idea actually, if not a bit cowardly, but it's not like I care.” Church said in a thankful and offhanded tone. Caboose hummed in acknowledgment as he continued to rub Church's back while the shorter man adjusted his position so he could lay his head on the Spartans shoulder.
  “We’re gonna have to leave soon so you can eat and we can get this stupid meeting and reveal over with.” The green eyed man said begrudgingly. Caboose sighed in the same manner, squeezing the smaller man to his side in a form of a hug, not wanting to lose his grasp on the man next to him. “Okay, Church, whenever you are ready.” Caboose said as he readied himself for when Church would send him back. “When are we ever ready to leave this place, Caboose?” Church said with a breathy laugh, gaining a snort of agreement from the taller man. With one last sigh, the green eyed man closed his eyes, as did the blue eyed man.
  When the Spartan reopened his eyes, his vision was slightly blurry like it always was when he came out of his head. “Come on, buddy. The quicker we get you some food and get that meeting over with, the sooner we can go back into your head and relax until you fall asleep.” Church said appearing in the air above Caboose's chest. With a nod of agreement, the Spartan got up, threw on some socks and sneakers, and headed down to the mess hall for dinner. Throughout the meal, Caboose stayed mostly silent unless asked something directly while Church talked to Carolina about what the meeting would be talking about. Soon the moment the two were waiting for arrived, and they were standing in the meeting room waiting for Kimball to arrive.
  “Are you sure this is a good idea?” Church whispered to Caboose from his spot on the Spartans shoulder. “It was your idea, Church.” Caboose points out smartly, causing Church to look at him slightly annoyed. “That's not what I meant, man. I meant… It's just…” Church trailed off kicking his foot in the metaphorical dirt with his hands behind his back. “Do you still want to do this, Church? You can just not say it. We can do it later.” Caboose suggested with a slightly worrisome look towards the Hologram of his boyfriend. “No, we need to do this at some point. Better it coming from us than someone else, since rumors can start that way and neither of us want that.” Church said in a determined manner.
  “Okay, do you want to do it at the start or end?” Caboose questioned making Church pause for a moment. “I guess at the start, then it will be out in the open and we can quickly get off the topic afterwards.” Church rationalized, gaining a hum from Caboose. “Okay everyone, let's get this meeting started.” Kimball said as she walked threw the doors to the room and walked over to her seat. “U-umm, Miss Kimball, ma'am?” Caboose asked raising his hand, gaining groans of annoyance from most people. “Yes, Caboose?” She questioned in a slightly annoyed manner herself. “Me and Church had something we wanted to tell all of you.” Caboose replied in a cheery manner making most roll their eyes.
  “We don't care about some drawings you did with your ‘best friend’, Caboose.” Tucker said in annoyance, gaining a smack to the arm from Washington. “Uh, no, that's not what this is about. Church would you like to tell them?” Caboose asked turning to the AI. “Do I have to?” Church said in an unsure manner that gained everyone's attention. “‘You'll never get over it if you don't face it.’ You told me that once.” Caboose said with a smile, gaining a groan from the smaller man. “I hate myself.” Church mumbled in a resigned way. “Okay, so… I don't want any of your guyses shit for this after I tell you, and Tucker I swear to god if you say one rude thing about this I will hop over to you and lock your armor.” Church said threateningly, making Tucker look around in an insulted manner.
  “What is it, Church?” Carolina prompted. “*sigh* So… Caboose and I… we're sorta… we're kinda...UGH! I can't fucking do this! Caboose just tell them, cause I can't.” Church said, his hologram flashing pink in embarrassment. “Only if you are sure, Church.” Caboose said to be sure Church doesn't just need more support. “Ugh, yes, just get it over with.” Church said burying his face in his hands. “Okay…” Caboose said turning back to look at the suspenseful faces. “Me and Church are dating.” Caboose states bluntly with a smile, gaining shocked looks from most of the room. “W-wait, but how would that work. You're an AI, dude.” Tucker said in confusion.
  “Well, I'm able to pull Caboose's consciousness into his mind. It's kinda like a room that most people would just use when their asleep to dream and stuff, but I'm able to bring Caboose to it while he's awake. Also, it looks like the blue base from Blood Gulch and we're both able to feel and see clearly there. I'm even my old size in there.” Church explained gaining nods and hums of understanding. “Is that what I stumbled upon, when I went to find you on the day Caboose was upset and ended up with Caboose pointing a gun at me?” Carolina said, gaining looks of shock from everyone.
  “Once again, he acted on instinct, you said so yourself. And yes, when Caboose comes out of his mind and into full consciousness his eyes can be a bit blurry for a second, so he can't distinguish his surroundings to well.” Church explained once more, once again getting nods and hums of understanding. “Is that all, Church?” Kimball asked, gaining a nod from both Church and Caboose. “Alright then, Congratulations. Back to it then, first order of business is…” Caboose zoned out once the topic changed, only waiting around for the fact that Church needs to hear all of it and he got free coloring utensils if he stayed the whole meeting.
  Once the meeting was over, Caboose and Church returned to the Spartans bedroom without too much fuss. Caboose quickly stripped down to his tank top and boxers, before getting into bed and allowing the familiar sleepy feeling to flow over him. He opened his eyes to find himself laying on the cot from before, Church already laying against him like earlier. Church quickly dug out a blanket from under the cot and tossed it over both of them, before snuggling back into Caboose's large frame. “Good night, Caboose.” The green eyed man said with a smile as he laid his head against Caboose's chest to listen to his heartbeat. “Good night, Church. I love you.” Caboose said cheerfully, his words making Church freeze in embarrassment for a moment, his face flushing a bright red.
  “Y-yeah, I… I love you too, Caboose.” He said with a small smile and he snuggled closer to his large blue eyed partner.

_________________________________________

A/N: I'm really sorry this took so long, guys. I've been hopping in and out of this fandom for months and finally got stuck enough to actually write something. This story will have a pretty wonky posting schedule, if you can even call it a schedule. Mostly I'm just posting whenever I have a chapter to post, since I'm writing like 20 different Fanfics right now (I'm not even kidding). Also, I've been thinking about posting a Grimmons story I wrote. It would probably have the same wonky schedule this one does, but I can get at least 3 or four chapters out to you the second I make the story (Well, really I'll just post a chapter every month until I don't have anything else and need to actually write something). Anyways, I want to hear your thought on my posting the Grimmons Fanfic, so your comments would be greatly appreciated. Also. I'm very happy that you decided to read my story, thank you very much for your support dispite my terrible posting track record.