Hair Dye

Anyone who keeps up with my writing (particularly on fanfiction dot net is probably thinking "wtf are you doing posting another story." That is a completely valid concern. However, I realized that whenever I get stuck during chapters for the stories that I should be updating, writing a oneshot for another fandom helps me loosen up and get back into the swing of things. Hence what this fanfic is going to be.

The way I've planned this is simple: whenever I'm in a rut (which happens far too often), I'll find a prompt and write an Iron Dad and Spider Son oneshot inspired by it. I highly encourage you all to leave prompts/ideas for me! Updates for this story will be rather sporadic, which makes sense because writer's block is not predictable.

As I said - it's not terribly complicated. I appreciate your understanding, and I hope you enjoy!

Note: Timelines will probably end up being rather irrelevant throughout the course of these many oneshots because they're not important to my purpose of easing writer's block, so keep this in mind for future updates.

Summary: Upon finding out that Peter has a hair appointment in Queens, Tony decides to take the Spiderling there himself. He likes hanging out with the kid, plus he always enjoys taking a break from work. Throw in Thai food, red hair dye, ice cream, and nosy reporters, Tony somehow ends up having more fun than he could have ever expected.

xXxXxXx

"You need me to take you to a what now?"

Peter groaned, the frustration in his voice not lost on Tony. "A hair appointment, Mr. Stark. And you don't have to take me, sir. I just need you to..." He trailed off. "Well, provide transportation."

While Tony was almost certain he had one or two or ten self-driving cars stowed away somewhere, he didn't see the point of the kid going all the way to Queens to get his hair done. "Pete, I can call up someone in half a second to do your hair. I have at least four stylists on speed dial." He pulled his phone out of his pocket. "That would be easier, plus -"

"But Mr. Stark, I really like my hairdresser," Peter interrupted, pouting in a way only he could. "Besides, May was the one who set up the appointment. She's expecting me to go and get my hair done in a certain way. You're going to be the one who faces her wrath if whatever hairdressers you have mess my hair up."

Tony winced. The thought of an enraged Aunt May was never a pleasant one, and was only worsened by the fact that the anger would be directed at him. He was still wondering why the hell she'd entrusted Peter to stay with him while she was away on some cruise, but the implication was that he'd been an extremely last-minute option. Nonetheless, he liked the kid and was fine with having him stay in the tower for a month or so. "Alright, fine. I'll have Happy take you there. I already know the address, but when is the appointment?"

"Mr. Stark, Happy doesn't have to waste his time taking me there," Peter insisted. "I can go on my own."

"Kid, you're not walking back to Queens, and you're too young to drive." Tony put his phone away. "But if you don't want Happy to bring you, that's fine. I'll do it. I'm sure Happy won't mind."

Peter's face turned a brilliant shade of crimson, and Tony had to wonder what was up with this hair appointment. "Mr. Stark, you don't have to -"

"Of course I don't have to," Tony scoffed. "But I'm going to. Deal with it, Underoos." He ran a hand through his hair. "Who knows - maybe I'll also get my hair done while we're there. Pepper's been complaining about the length lately."

Peter buried his head in his hands. "Ugh. Mr. Stark, you're the worst."

"Oh really?" Tony crossed his arms and stared Peter down. "Pete, is there something I should know about this hair appointment? You shaving your head or something? Getting a funky buzzcut?"