Her hands, with long nails, painted bright red clasp onto mine and she looks innocently at me. But I knew she was anything but innocent. Our hands are still together, I keep my eyes on her in case she decides to do anything else. I’m in shock and I don’t realise my mother come in until she clears her throat. I pull my hand away and watch my mother furrow her eyebrows at me. She’d talked to me about how I should take care of Isabelle and never upset her. What the hell was I doing, holding Ruby’s hand? I should have pushed her back and told her to back off.

She slowly turns around and walks away with one final glare at Ruby that she nervously shifts in her chair and leans back.

“That was awkward” she mutters and laughs nervously.

I do the same and sit back, pretending to be interested in the paperwork in front of me, when I really wished Isabelle was at my side.

***

-Isabelle Quinn-

“Miss, I think we should head back to the house” grumbles Thomas and jumps out of Oreos way as he runs to the pond.

“Yeah” says Caroline, he words slurred while to eat an ice-cream. I nod my head at Thomas and he managed to grab Oreos and direct him towards the car.

“So, I was meaning to ask this, but what’s gonna happen after Summer break. We’ll be back at school, until graduation and your parents still don’t know. They think you’re inFrance. Belle, I know I’ve always snuck behind my parents back and lied, but you have to tell them you’re married. TO A MILLIONAIRE” she roars and I hush her down, watching Thomas trying to control Oreos.

“I know.” I agree and get inside the car, Oreos jumping onto my lap. “I’ll have to move back home.”

“And tell them the truth” Caroline interrupts.

“I just don’t know how. They’ll be angry.” I look down at my shoes, biting the inside of my mouth to control the urge to cry.

“So, are you annoyed you went along with the marriage in the first place?” Caroline mumbles, biting her ice-cream cone.

“No, funnily I don’t have regrets. It isn’t as bad as I thought it would be” I smile, thinking of how Nathan turned out to be so different than all the articles in magazines. I knew better than to believe things that exaggerate a story, but it all seemed true and I’m sure it was. But not anymore.

The car strolls down the road easily and we pass restaurants and stores. People walking down the street, having a normal life.

“I’ll tell them after Summer Break.” I address Caroline. “I promise I will”.

For the rest of the journey, I stared out the window, my mind overcome with thoughts about Nathan, my parents, school and the fat lie. I just couldn’t imagine reaction from my mom and dad when they find out that I’m married. They’d kill me, interrogate me and then kill me again. I tried to think of other things, my new dog that Nathan let me have, the trip toLondon, and Nathan. He might be the root of the trouble, but he somehow made me forget my worries. I get flashes of him in my head, his messy blonde hair, his straight chin, his dazzling eyes. Caroline nudges me and we pull into the house driveway. As soon as I open the door, Oreo races out and jumps at the front door, barking to be let in.

“Alright, alright. Calm down, doggy” calls Thomas and a maid opens the door, greeting us as we enter.

I run in after Oreo into the living room, but I feel my heart sink, being stabbed by a knife over and over again. I tremble on the spot and take in some shaky breaths. Tears appear in my eyes and threaten to stream down my face, making me break down. I hear Caroline’s footsteps behind me and her hand on my shoulder, she too glimpses at the shock gluing me to the ground.

“Nathan?” I breathe through my shaking voice and he pulls away from a kiss with Ruby, on top of him.

___________________________________________________________________________

DUN DUN DUN! lol! I've been taking time writing this and sorry for the wait. Hope you guys like it :)

And can I ask you lovely people a favour?! I've started writing this short story 'The Exchange Student' and it would mean a lot of you checked it out! I've posted a few chapters so far! Please comment on botn stories and vote! You're amazing! :) 

x x