“You mean I’m allowed to keep him?” I ask and smile down at the dog in my arms.

“Well, he has no name tag, I’m guessing this guys needs a home.” He smiles, stroking the German Shepard and cooing at him. My heart leaped, seeing him cuddle the dog and petting him gently. “He needs a name.”

I snap back to reality and look over at Caroline.

“Ohh” she chirps and we all face her. “Spot? Tiger? T-Rex?” she suggests and I shook my head and bit my lip.

“Dennis – Domino – Ron – Harry – VOLDEMORT” she continues, looking proud of herself, but I glare at her.

“Ok, not Voldemort” she says and shies away.

I rack my brains for a suitable name. I always thought if I had a pet, I’d name him after my favourite food. I go through a list of foods in my head. Spaghetti? No. Doritos? Too weird. How about Cupcake? Nah, too girly. Biscuit? My favourite biscuit, and it came to me.

“Oreos” I grin and see Nathan’s puzzled look.

“Oreos?” he challenged and I nod my head.

“Because I love Oreos, and it’s a good name for him.”

I let the puppy in my hand, leap to the floor and go over to Nathan. He smiles and bends down, petting him on the head.

“Welcome to your new home, Oreo” He grins and I jump in joy, catching Ruby roll her eyes.

“Ok, so you’re keeping the dog. Can we please get down to business” she asks sweetly and bats her eyelashes at Nathan.

Nathan gives me a apologetic look and I take my new dog Oreos back to the front door, where Thomas was waiting.

“Let’s go….to the park?” I propose and Thomas nods.

“Where ever you want miss, I assume it’s because of your new dog?” He smiles kindly at me and crouches down to stroke Oreo.

“Yup” and we all, get into a classy, black Audi and drive off down the road.

***

-Nathan Blake-

“This is great, everything is sorted out. It’s amazing how you’re so organized” compliments Ruby and I smile at her, getting uneasy every minute. Suddenly I wished to be where ever Thomas and the girls had gone. I wanted to have fun instead of staying in talking about a car auction. On the bright side, most of it was sorted. I just had to pass it on to Alison when she got back and she’d arrange it.

“I’m so glad, we worked this all out, together” she chirps and leans in closer to me.