Chapter 2

-Jung Soojung's POV-

I sighed as I tried to pull my heavy suitcase against the massive crowd of angry and busy people.

Why are there so many people? This is California, not New York. I was about to run my hand through my hair but I accidentally hit a guy, spilling his drink.

I quickly apologized in an English accent. He was about to scream back at me but as he saw my face, I knew what was going to happen.

"It's alright, Miss. But, it wouldn't hurt if you came with me and bought me a drink." The old byun said.

I shook my head and faked a smile.

"I'm sorry." I lied. "I don't have any money." I lied again. Inside my suitcase was enough weapons that if sold, could cost millions of dollars. Inside my back-pack was a small amount of cash for food and a check for a couple thousand dollars from the SME bank in America.

I smiled and apologized again, quickly walking away before he got any ideas. When I could no longer feel his eyes mentally violating me, I slowed my pace down. Stuffing my hand inside my purse, I felt around my bag for something. Soon I pulled out a neatly folded piece piece of paper.

"Tch. Why do I have to stay at such a fancy hotel?" I muttered to myself looking at the directions on the map. I inwardly groaned.

The SME was making this difficult for me. I was supposed to come here quietly, kill Amber, quietly, and leave QUIETLY. Plus, they know I'm not good with classy stuff. It annoys me too much.

I sighed. I'm not staying there. Maybe there's a really cheap and rundown apartment building around here. I folded the paper back, stuffing it back in my bag, and decided to ask around for such a place.

"Excuse me ma'am," I asked the nearest person to me. She was an old woman with a sunhat and a light purple dress that draped easily on her small and frail figure. She reminded me a little of my grandmother and I smiled.

"Do you know any run down apartment buildings where I can stay for a while?" I asked. She smiled gently and her kind green eyes looked back at my brown ones.

"I know a few but I suggest you stay at the Queens-Ton Apartment on the south shore. It's not too shabby and the rent is low. The people there are nice too. I would know. I live there." She explained. I breathed out a sigh of relief, happy I didn't have to stay at a luxury hotel. Yes, I'm weird. But if you've been training and working all your life, you wouldn't exactly want to waste time with luxuries.

"Thank you ma'am." I said smiling brightly. She chuckled gently.

"Call me Pam. Aunt Pam, if you feel comfortable enough. Hopefully, we'll see each other a lot." She said. I nodded and instinctively bowed, forgetting which country I was in. I quickly stood up an blushed.

"I-I'm sorry. I h-have to go." I stuttered. She nodded as I turned around to walk away.

"Anneong."

I turned my head to see her wink at me and walk away. I inwardly smiled.

She would make a nice friend but there is no such thing when your a secret agent.

I took a step forward but then I realized something.

"Aish..." I complained. "She never gave me the directions to the apartment..."

Suddenly, my bagpack was yanked violently out of my hand. I usually have quick reflexes but for some reason, I was slow.

I turned around hurriedly to try to spot the victim. Inside the bag was the check for money for food and my rent...

Without a second thought, I dashed towards a semi-tall man. His hair was dark and ruffled. So were his clothes. His shoes, one unlaced, were worn out but still durable. He appeared to have a limp.

I quickly calculated what his exact speed was and how to stop him. Without much effort, I ran towards him and performed what I had been planning in my head: a quick kick to the back of his knee forcing him to fall backwards, an arm around his neck to slow his fall and hold him steadily as I yanked my bag.

"Jesus, lady, it's just a bag." The guy choked out as he tried to pry my arm off of his neck.

"You're right." I said letting him go. He fell straight to the ground.

"But it's not right to steal. If you want something, just ask. Stealing will only lose someone's trust in you and get them chasing after you." I added. I quickly opened the bag and pulled out two twenty dollar bills. The man suddenly stood straight up.

"If you could help me, I could help you. Especially for all the trouble you've caused for me." I told him. He nodded apologetically.

"Tell me where the Queens-Ton Apartment is." I said handing him one of the bills. His eyes widened.

"U-Uh...d-do you h-have a m-map?" He stuttered. I nodded and took it out, showing it to him.

"Just head south, which is that direction, make a left turn after you pass the Italian restaurant, and keep walking straight. When you see the shore on your right, you should be able to see the apartment on the left." He explained, pointing to certain places on the map.

I'm a little more than impressed with the guy. He knows his way around and he seems somewhat educated. So what was he doing on the streets?

I shook the thought off and thanked the guy again, handing him the other bill. He smiled brightly and wished me good luck. I quickly walked away.

"I am totally coming here when I'm retired." I muttered to myself.