Chapter 12

"S-Suzy?..." Amber stuttered. She stood there, staring at the cute brunette who stared back with the same intensity.

"Long time no see, huh?" Suzy asked. Amber froze. Her heart began to beat fast and she didn't notice that she was hugging the brunette until a certain ice princess spoke.

"Amber?" Krystal called. She walked over to see the blonde embracing the new girl and felt a pang in her heart.

Amber pulled away, embarassed. She grabbed Suzy's hand and pulled her into the apartment. She closed the door with her foot, her other hand still holding the bloody rag.

She let go of the brunette's hand after glancing at a fuming Krystal.

"Suzy, what are you doing here? They could kill you if they found out." Amber said, twisting the rag nervously.

"I...I had to come and see you." Suzy muttered. Amber glanced at Taylor who was watching worriedly. Amber looked back at Suzy.

"You still have no reason to be here." She said in Korean.

"Yes, I do. I'm the reason they're chasing you like this. I can't just stand back and-" Suzy tried to explain but Krystal cut her off.

"Wait. What do you mean you're the reason?" She looked at Amber who was looking at the ground, still fumbling with the rag.

"Why are you guys talking in Korean?" Taylor asked. Everyone ignored him.

"Amber, what does she mean?" Krystal asked. Amber gazed at Krystal, sorrow in her eyes.

"Krystal-"

There was a knock on the door followed by a name.

"Open up. It's Soohyun."

Amber shivered but Suzy rushed to the door.

"Join the party, why don't you?" Taylor interjected as a tall, lean man walked inside.

Suzy glanced at Taylor, then at Soohyun.

"I told you not to come-" she began in Korean.

"Who is he?" Soohyun asked as he eyed Taylor down. Taylor glared back at him.

"Who are you?" He asked to Taylor, this time in English.

"I think I should be the one asking that." Taylor said as he folded his arms.

Soohyun whipped out a gun in a flash and aimed it to Taylor's head.

Taylor didn't flinch.

"Go ahead. Shoot. There's a police station not too far from here and several cops that live in this apartment." He said, unfazed.

Amber smiled and walked towards Soohyun. She put her hand on the gun and lowered it.

"That's Taylor for you." She said in English.

She faced Taylor, still smiling.

"Go and put on a shirt, dork." She said. Taylor smiled genuinely and nodded then walked to his room.

"Such a pervert." Said Soohyun. Krystal snorted.

"I agree." She added. Soohyun looked at her as if realizing her existence now.

"Miss Jung!" He exclaimed. Krystal frowned.

"Drop the formalities, Soohyun. You're not a guard anymore." She said. She reached up and rubbed a piece of dried blood off of her temple.

"Let's skip all the formalities." Amber said. "You all need to get out of here. Now. You have no business here. Especially you, Suzy."

"I agree." Soohyun said. His hard gaze turned soft as he looked at Suzy.