Ch. 25 Agreements

Author's Note

Soooo this whole this story is messed up. The chapters that I wrote that were supposed to be between ch. 24 and this chapter all got deleted. So this is pretty confusing. I'm so sorry and I'm pretty upset with this app. I'm sorry, but you're just going to have to roll with it

Anyway, Betty gets a call from Penny saying she has Jughead held captive. She tells her to meet at Sweet Water River. Betty goes and then Penny tells her that she will release Jughead only if she gets let back in with the Serpents. And to do that, Betty had to go get FP.

I'm sorry that this happened, and if it does it again, I will email Wattpad. I hope you still enjoy the story. Thank you.

When you're a kid, you shouldn't have to worry about a thing in the world. You should be able to live your childhood as happily as possible. But for me, my childhood ended the day my father left.

Now this is the last scenario I would place myself in. Jughead at the risk of being terribly hurt. I grew up with him. He has always been there for me. But since he's come back to Riverdale, all it's been is him being beat up or tagging along with me for my Serpent adventures. Once Jughead is out of the hands of Penny, I'm making sure he goes back to Toledo. His life is at risk in this town.

I forced myself to leave Penny and Jughead. I hurried to my bike and sped down the highway to the White Wyrm.

There wasn't too many people in the bar at this hour, so it was easy to spot FP. He was talking to a fellow Serpent and took a sip of his beer. His expression changed when he noticed me. "Jesus Betty, you look like you've just seen a ghost," he had a look of concern plated on his face.

"It-it's Jughead. Penny has him and she'll only give him to us if you let her back into the Serpents," my voice was rushed and quavery. His once concern look, formed bitter me angry.

"Where is he?" FP asked, his voice deep with a hint of anger. I couldn't imagine what he's thinking right now. His own son in the hands of an evil woman?

"Sweet Water River," at the first word, he had already started to move.

"Wait! What are you going to do?" I yelled, trying my best to stay behind him.

"I'm getting my son back."

The moon light weaves through the trees. The air was cool and a light mist dampened my jacket. If it were a normal night, it would've been beautiful and peaceful to sit under the stars. But it wasn't a normal night. In Riverdale, there is no such thing as "normal". Every day it seems there is always something spontaneous lurking around each corner.

FP and I rushed off our bikes and into the darkness of the woods. I was ahead by an inch to lead FP to Penny. We finally spotted the fire and I started to run. But he stopped me. "What are you waiting for?" I asked, pulling his grip from my sleeve.

"I don't want you going with me," he responded, searching my eyes. "I can't see you get hurt. If she doesn't like what I offer, she won't hesitate to kill you too. She doesn't "do" mercy."

As much as he wanted me to stay, I won't. He can't do this alone. He's not in the right mental state to do this alone. "I love Jughead too. I want to help him too. I need to go with you FP, even if it means I'll get hurt, I have too. We have to save Jughead." Without saying anything, he continued towards the fire, defeated. He knew he wouldn't be able to argue with me, and it wasn't the time.

We reached the fire, with a smug Penny sitting with a knife to Jughead's throat. FP looked as if he wanted to tear Penny to shreds. I had so much anger built up inside of me, but FP has 3 times as much.

"Let Jughead go," FP stood confidently and strong as possible, but I knew he was crumbling inside.

"Not until you give me a place back in with the Serpents," Penny tapped her foot on the dirt ground. FP and I inched closer, and so did the two men on either side of us.

"You know that will never happen, Penny. You are disliked by everyone in the Serpents. No one will ever except you," FP found the perfect words to say to her. But of course Penny wasn't going to listen.

"Not unless you make them like me. You and I both know you can persuade the Serpents to worship me. Plus you and I had history, maybe we could restart that," Penny smirked.

"Never. Can't we negotiate something different? I'll find a nice house for you to live in, supply food, and back up for when you need it."

"I'm not dumb enough to fall for that Forsythe! I know that you won't follow through with that deal. My deal is to join the Serpents again and you have your son. Or you disagree and I slit his throat right now." A faint whimper escaped my mouth at last sentence.

I couldn't take my eyes off of Jughead. I wanted to kick Penny's ass and bring him home safely.

"Fine Penny. If that's what you want." FP finally agreed. In all honesty, I really was surprised he took the deal. She was asking for so much.

Penny's eery smile curled into a grimace. "I knew you would finally agree." She stood up and pushed Jughead to the ground. I rushed over to him. "Why don't you take me back on your motorcycle?"

I didn't know what FP's response was, or what anything happened after that. I cradled his head and pulled the gag from his mouth. Without knowing, tears fell down my face and onto his. Even though he wasn't dead, he was in pain. I felt his pain.

"Shh, Betty, I'm okay," his voice was scratchy and dry. His lips were chapped and dried blood covered his left cheek.

"I'm so sorry Jug," those were the only words I found to say.