Chapter 5- Please Stop

*Luke's P.O.V.*

When we got back to our house, I was paraded with questions.

"Are you two going out now?"

"Was it a good kiss?"

"So, you are gay, right?"

I cried out in frustration as I plopped down on the couch in our living room.

They sat down after me, one little eighth grade girl on one side, and two on the other. 

"Cookie, Lace-face, Squirt. Please stop..." I grunted when each of them gave me a different type of glare. Zoe's was one that seemed to be accusing me of some forbidden act. Not telling her, pft. I'll tell her what I want to tell her. Lacey's glare seemed to be a product of annoyance. She hated that I have nick-named her Lace-face. But to be fair, they all call me Luke-y, and that annoys me, too. Unlike the others, Cookie's was less intense, but clearly it was because I won't answer any of their questions. 

I sighed. "Guys, this is my business, so back off a bit. Zoe--" I'm serious when I call her by her actual name, "-- if I knew I was gay, I would've told you. I really just want to think about what just happened, because it was a shock, even to me. I trust you guys won't do anything stupid, so I'm gonna go upstairs. If you need me, just shout." I dragged myself up the stairs, into my room, and fell face-down onto my bed.

I don't understand why every time Derek and I touch, I feel those... sparks. It's hard to explain. Whenever we touched today, I just wanted to get closer. After he let go, I'd felt cold. But when we kissed... all was right with the world. It wasn't just the fireworks. The ground under my feet shook, and Derek was there holding me up. For those few seconds, there was no traffic running through my head. There was no self conscious fiber in my body. There wasn't anyone watching. Just me and him.    It was like we were the sun, the world spun around us, and we had the entire universe just to ourselves.

Is it possible for time to slow down, but at the same time speed up? Everything around us stopped and it ended way too quickly. It was too good to be true. For once, everything was working in perfectly unison in my head. I wanted much more, but resisted. Is it possible he could feel the same? Did he feel the fireworks and the world spinning? Did his heart stop? 

...

*Derek's P.O.V.*

As my Angel ran from me with that girl-- Bella, I think-- I couldn't help but be jealous. It felt right have him in my arms, I just wanted to hold him, but when Bella came he ran off saying somethings about picking up his sister.

Grumbling, I headed back to my own locker and grabbed my things. I went to the parking lot and went to my friend's car to talk.

Dylan, my best friend from the pack, was leaning against his car. "Hey man. Where were you at lunch? Everyone was wondering where you went." Dylan, just like most weres, was tall, with sandy blond hair, cut short, and spiked up. He had deep brown eyes, and a lightly tanned skin.

I shrugged, and smiled a little bit. "Oh, nowhere."

He eye me suspiciously. "You're lying. Where were you? You know the Alpha said we should all stick together."

I sighed. "Okay, fine. I was... with some new friends." He rolled his eyes, and gave me a look that said 'Spill it'. "Alright, I... found my mate." I smiled, thinking of my Angel's wavy brown hair, his beautiful dark blue eyes, his soft smile...

Dylan jumped up in excitement. He grabbed my arm and tugged. "Really? Who is it? What do they look like?"

I sigh dreamily. "His name is Luke. He... he's just... perfect." I smiled softly.