Part One

The ship was moving at a steady speed. The war for earth was happening and it was happening fast. By the time we got there at this speed it would be about 2 weeks, tops. We might speed up a tidbit, though that might result in a few side effects. The controls are not very operable, it's all greek to me. Well, not greek because I at least understand greek. The ancient gem language was not in my gem. I was learning from Agate but she wasn't the best teacher. She was a good gem, and one of the happiest, for sure. Turquoise was another story, she always brought the atmosphere down. She always made the most sideways remarks like, "Oh! I didn't see you there Idocrase I was too busy thinking about my inevitable shattering."

Well maybe it wasn't that straightforward, but that was what it was like. The most illogical thing, they get along! It's mind-boggling how a service gem and a mighty member of the former higher society get along. And I can manage to get along with either. It's infuriating. But, enough of that, we are coming on course with a solar system early. I've only been in space with the two for 15 weeks. Agate runs around the ship looking at different objects, very curious that one. Turquoise just sulks in her room and only comes out to fly the ship and when Agate asks her. Well, time for this Idocrase to talk to this gem of higher status.
And Agate.

I walked down the hall and stopped in front of Turquoises room. What if I make a wrong impression? What if she sees me as a threat and attempts to shatter me? No, stop worrying. You're going to be fine Idocrase, fine. I knocked and waited for an answer. When I didn't get one I knocked again. And again.

"Hello, Agate? Are you in there?" I asked to no response. She was either gone or giving me a hard time. Well, no matter. I walked back to the bridge to find Agate and Turquoise talking to each other. Oh, this is perfect! All I have to do is ask if we should keep going. "Turquoise, Agate? Can I ask you a question?"

"You just did," Turquoise responds.

"Sure!!" Agate smiled wide. I'll never figure out this girl. Whatever.
"We are near a solar system that we could possibly land in. There are 8 planets and one smaller star. There is, and this may spark your interest Turquoise, earth-"

"We are going, now. Earth is where the rebels went to protect." She walked toward the controls. "The earth is home to these life forms who, are the most fascinating I've ever heard of. They can grow, change their outfits easily. Everything is so peaceful, except for the times when they had quote 'The war to end all wars' but that wasn't the end."

"Yes. Well, set a course for earth. Where on earth are we going?" Agate asked.
Turquoise was quick to respond, "I'm not sure I hear beach city is nice this time of year."

"No. That's where the other rebels reside. Out of the question. We could go to empire city. Wait no, that was a myth. It's actually called central city."

"Well, central city here we come." She started working the controls. Then, something hit the ship. A noise rang out and I deformed. The last thing I saw was, in big red letters, course to central city activated.