Underground Railroad

There is said to be a place where anyone can get anywhere, for a price. The price was never clear, as those who travel there are sworn to secrecy. Some have theorized that it was a life, others figured it was a memory. But there is one man out there, who thinks something different. That there was never a price in the first place. There is no proof that this place exists, but it is still mentioned in serious documents in the shadow world. This time though, it came to the attention of the Clave. The Underground Railroad needed to be investigated. ASAP.

Alec Lightwoods p.o.v.:

Walking into the church after a long mission, I was ready to pass out. I didn't get tired often, usually pushing on to do everything at once, but today wasn't my best day. There was a commotion in the main room, so I shrugged off my drowsiness and checked in out. Clary, Izzy, Jace, Simon and Magnus were sat around the table. Clary and Jace looked like their best friend was just murdered. Isabelle looked confused, while Simon looked concerned. Magnus sighed, before looking up at me. I sat down in a spare seat. "Care to fill me in?" I sighed, brushing some hair out of my face. I leaned closer to the table, trying not to slouch despite how tired I was.

"Alec, nice of you to grace us with your presence. We have a lead in a new case that was just presented. The clave asked us six to investigate an anti-Shadowhunter group called "The Underground Railroad". They supposedly kill humans and feed vampires. Not that that's a bad thing, but they way they do it is unsavoury. So, we have a plan and a lead. One of your fellow shadow hunters trust was exiled a week ago was spotted near a railroad carrying a bad full of blood packets. Maybe they are associated with them. We don't know," Magnus said, standing up and gabbing a file from a workers desk. He plopped it down on the table with a loud thump. A photo flew out, and I recognized who it was. Liam Maran.

Liam had been accused of high treason after helping his brother with a passion project. The project wasn't ever stated, but it prepared vampires to attack Shadowhunters. He was stripped of his runes and status, but he had weapons outside of the institute. That's why we're here right now, to stop him from helping the Underground Railroad. I opened the file, reading about him. The others followed, seeing if they could get anything on him. Simon looked at his paper quizzically, like he recognized some of the people on the list. It made sense though, they were vampires who attacked. I read over the incident report, reading a name I didn't recognize, I asked about it. "Anyone here know a Blayne Maran? Liam's brother, maybe?"

Magnus' head snapped up, looking towards me. I looked back at, and then down at the sheet. I said it right, Blayne Maran. That was the name used in the paper.

I ran out of brain power and passed out.