***

The next morning, I mustered up the courage and walked downstairs and went in the dining lounge which was a room possessing a long table of about twelve chairs. 

I found no one there.

I tugged down the leaves of my blue sweat shirt on my palms, resisting the urge to take advantage of the opportunity. But last night, I had made my mind: I will befriend these all boys and with the right moment, trick them and run away.

Simple.

'Hello? Where the fuck is everyone?!' I came out of the room and went into the kitchen where long counter tops were empty. The hunger had made me weak that my head ached as I called for them again. When no one responded, I—unable to hold myself anymore—sat on the stool.

As I sat, I clutched my head, my fingers clawing at the skin of my face. It was anger, I knew. But not only anger; it was frustration, hunger and loathe. I wasn't supposed to be here. I prayed for a different life. Not this different.

As I was to stand up to pick myself an apple, a whistle sounded. I lifted my eyes up to see a tall, muscular boy—I think the one who ran away to pee from last night—came in the kitchen. 'Yo!' He called me and raised his fist with bruised knuckles. I stared blankly at the fist until—embarrassed—he finally lowered it. 'Alright?'

His British accent went good with his creamy skin and his hair cut too close to the scalp. His eyebrows set nice and carved over his broody brown eyes. Though his eyes were mysterious, dark circles draped underneath them. He was handsome, but seemed too old.

I shook my head, finally giving in. 'I am hungry.'

'Makes sense,' he said and turned around to toss me an apple.

'That's all you have?' I asked. 'In this big ass house, that's all you guys eat?'

'Actually ...' he scratched the back of his neck, 'I don't really know how to cook. So that's all you would get.'

I took a bite from the apple. 'Seriously? So I'll be surviving over apples if I become an agent?'

'Oh, no, love,' he sat on the stool across the counter while I took another big bite of the apple. 'We here do cook good. You will get as much as you want. I am just the useless one.'

'You are not an agent?'

'I am but I am on my break,' he leant down and took a swing off his bottle that I suspected was of beer. 'I am waiting for my partner to be selected. When I'd get one, I'll start my missions.'

'Is it necessary to have a partner? Like, can't you just do shit alone?'

'Eh ...' he rubbed his face, 'it is better to have one or two or how much you want. Things get much easier like you have Leo.'

I threw the core of the apple across the counter and into the dustbin behind him. He looked impressed. 'I don't want him. I could have anyone else. Why him?'

To my annoyance, he laughed. 'You are talking like he is a rapist or something. Don't worry, love. He's one of the tops.'

'I don't care. I hate him.' I stood up and picked up another apple for myself.

'No wonder why,' he took another swing off his bottle. 'So you are finally deciding to join SAB?'