Back Home

Mira's POV

I searched through all my boxes that I had just finished packing last night, but I could not find it. Today is my graduation and I can't leave my house with out it or they'll kill me.

My parents and brothers are on their way here to the U.S to see me graduate. I am staying in one of our many penthouses in New York. I'm so excited to see them. The last time I saw them was Christmas which was 6 months ago.

My two brothers gifted me a gold necklace with a ruby in the letter O, for our last name, Russo. They are very protective of me, that they added a tiny tracking device on the back.

I'm graduating with an associates degree in business since my father wants me to help him with the family business.

My father Lucio, owns a vineyard and a wine business in Italy passed down from his father. Our wine is known around the world.

He wants me to help him manage the business because he is too busy managing the illegal side business he also does. I don't know too much about it, but I know enough.

I looked everywhere for it, I finally opened the last big box I hadn't checked and there it was in my jewelry box. I put it on and ran to my closet to get my dress. I had already showered and did my makeup/ hair. Then I hear a loud knock on the door.

I furrowed my eyebrows. Who could it be? My family isn't supposed to be here for another couple of hours.

I unlocked the door and my brothers Enzo and Dante pulled me into a huge hug. My small body disappeared in their arms.

"Mira!! We missed you so much."

"Jesus, I can't breath." Both of them release me and make their ways onto my couch.

"I missed you guys too. Where's mamma and papa?"

"They should be here in a bit." Enzo said looking at my books in the shelf.

"These are the type of books you like? Poetry, romance, and business books?"

"At least she reads unlike your dumbass." Dante shot back at him.

"Wow you guys have not changed one bit."

"Of course not, still annoying as ever." A familiar voice interrupted.

"Papa. Mamma! I'm so glad you guys made it."

"Sweetheart we are so proud of you." My mother couldn't hold back her tears.

"Mira I'm happy to see that your hard work has paid off and you are now coming home."

"Grazie, I'm glad to finally go home. Well we need to go already I can't be late to my own graduation."

***

After my graduation we didn't waste anytime. We loaded my boxes into our family private jet and flew back home. I missed Italy very much. Everymorning I would wake up and walk around our vineyard smelling the scent of grapes.

I fell asleep in my seat looking out of the window. Soon I'll be home.

I woke up and I was in my bed. What the fuck?! How did I get here? I rubbed my eyes and checked the time, 10:45pm.

I got up and went to the bathroom to wash my face. My hair looked like a mess so I put it up in a messy bun. I  made my way downstairs and saw the light to the kitchen. I opened the door and my older brother Dante was sitting on the counter eating cereal.

"Dante?"

"Hey Mira, want some cereal?"

"Sure." I walked over and poured myself some cereal while Dante poured the milk.