By the time they got home Tony was just left feeling frustrated with Loki's tame behaviour. Not knowing whether he was genuine or not really pissed Tony off.

****

It was well into the evening when they arrived back at the tower, and according to Jarvis everyone was just milling around doing nothing and being boring-I mean bored.

"Jarvis! Tell everyone to meet me in the theater immediately."

"On it sir."

"Oh and call May for me." The phone started ringing over the intercom before falling through to Mays soft hushed voice.

"Hello, May Parker speaking?"

"Hi May it's me, was just wondering if Peter could drop by for a few hours this evening? To help me with some work you know just as part of his internship thing and all."

"Right yeah of course, um I'm still at work but I'm sure he's-"

"Excellent! I'll send a car over now, thank you and enjoy you're evening May."

"Oh ah you too Mr Stark."

Tony hung up and turned to Loki who was watching him, smiling thoughtfully. They stood watching each other hesitantly. "I sent everything to your room. You know you might wanna get changed into something more comfortable or whatever just if we're going to be watching a movie and all."

"Don't you think that if I desired to get changed I would do so Stark? You really don't have to tell me what I should or can do, I more than capable of controlling my own life."

"Oh well you're welcome." Tony's tone conveyed quite effectively that he was offended Loki hadn't thanked him and was instead back to his sour attitude. "You know what? Do whatever the fuck you want." he muttered. Loki paused on Tony's sentence, had he not just technically told him what to do by telling him he could do whatever he wanted and by doing literally anything Loki would automatically be doing what Tony told him to do. Loki narrowed his eyes at Tony questioningly.

"And one more thing, how the hell do you think explaining this to Nat went?" Loki suppressed a smile at the thought of Natasha confronting him about it as Tony gestured to his neck.

"I have not a clue Stark, alas I presume it was far from a pleasant event."

"No. No it wasn't. You should know nothing gets past that woman."

"Oh I know." Loki replied almost cheerily.

"And whatever's going on here.. she um well she knows about."

Loki's grin flickered as he raised his brow questioningly, what exactly did he tell her? "And what precisely is going on here Stark?"

"I was thinking you tell me."

"Now now darling, where would be the fun in that?" Hm so Tony was confused. Loki mused. Then again so was I. I mean what actually was going on here?

"I dunno but we sure as hell could be having a lot more fun if whatever's going on was what I hoped it was..."

Loki looked at him tiredly while inside his stomach flipped nervously with the urge to just crack and be honest with Tony, it felt similar to the sensation of looking down from an impossible height "I think I'm going to go get changed." he stated, turning abruptly and setting off on the short distance to his lonely room. Nothing solved a problem better than running away from it was Loki's theory, that was if you couldn't talk your way out of it first. Either talk. Or walk. Loki joked to himself, shaking his head as his own weird thoughts.