Earth?

"Do you really think it's a good idea to go back to Earth?" Loki questioned.

"Yes, of course. The people of Earth love me, I'm very popular." Thor mumbled proudly.

Loki sighed exasperated, "Let me rephrase that, do you really think it's a good idea to bring me back to Earth?" he couldn't help but smirk with guilty mischievous as he glanced to his brother.

Thor reflected silently on the events of Loki's last visit to Midgard, "Probably not to be honest, but I wouldn't worry brother, I feel like everything is going to work out fine." he stated with a stupid sense of confidence while Loki remained in silent uncertainty. "Although I should probably forewarn the Avengers, so they don't... well you know."

"Good idea brother," Loki agreed on the verge of sarcasm, "I would rather not be greeted in the way I assume your friends would like to greet me." He smirked playfully at Thor before glancing nervously off into the void of space where once stood their lost home and past.

****

"People of Asgard, we have arrived safely to the sanctuary of Midgard!" Thor's booming voice echoed through the vast hull of the mighty ship, officially waking Loki from his restless sleep. Getting up from the bunk of the the small cabin in which he had shared with Thor, he made his way in an anxious stride, to the main deck, smoothing down his hair as he walked.

"I assume you notified the Avengers of our arrival?" Loki inquired casually, trying to keep the nervousness out of his voice.

"About that my brother... you see the ships communication system wasn't too great." He smiled clapping his shocked brother compassionately on the shoulder "In fact, I believe we've just come into range now!" Thor exclaimed to the wide eyed Loki who was gazing frantically at the nearness of the spherical blue planet looming into the windows of the control room.

"You fool! You mean to say, that we are about to land an unidentified ship of foreign beings and me on this planet of pathetic mortals, and with no notice of our arrival? You know how those insects react to anything that they can not control!" Loki hissed angrily to his idiotic brother. "You moron-

The radio intercom crackled wildly with a desperate voice "S.H.I.E.L.D to UNKNOWN vessel, I repeat you are to state your business immediately or we will be forced to engage. You are violating the prototypical of this planet, do you copy? S.H.I.E.L.D to UNKNOWN vessel, do you copy?!"

"Alas brother, it is our friends." Thor exclaimed, eagerly approaching the radio "Greetings shield. It is Thor, God of Thunder, Odinson, returning to you on Midgard aboard the Statesman." Thor yells into the radio.

A long pause sounded throughout the control room, the only sound was the faint crackling and murmuring from the radio. Suddenly Nick Fury's strong voice cut clearly through the tense atmosphere of the control room "Thor, what the hell do you think you're doing? This little stunt of yours has gotten some major figures riled up, you better have a darn good explanation!"

"Fury, it's nice to here your voice my friend. Asgard has been destroyed by the conflicts of Ragnarok, my people have been left as nomads, we seek refuge on Midgard." Thor stated unaffected by Fury's sharp tone. "Also Loki is with me!" At this Loki closed his eyes and took a series of ragged breaths, in utter disappointment and disbelief of Thor's lack of understanding of their situation.

"Loki, your brother Loki? This doesn't happen to be the same Loki who attacked New York by any chance?" Fury asked already feed up with Thor.

"Ah, you remember him. We must learn to put the past behind us where it belongs, Fury."

"I hope you're not forgetting that our assistance to your situation is completely optional and that this isn't just some joke. I expect this brother of yours to be contained if you think there's any chance we're going to give you the clear to land. In fact, I'm dispatching a ship to your... what'd you call it, Statesman now. Nothing is getting onto this planet unchecked." Fury ordered sternly. "You are to remain at your present location until further notice."

"Of course, I shall see to it that Loki is looked after" answered Thor, giving Loki a somewhat apologetic glance, "We will be awaiting your ships arrival." and with that the radio disconnected with a sharp crackle of static.

Loki stood at the window, glowering with a darkened expression and defensive flicker in his eyes. He flicked a dagger into his hand, twisting around swiftly and driving it cruelly into his brothers side who let out a shocked cry, pain and betrayal showed in his eyes as he clutched the seeping wound. Thor recovered quickly "Really brother?" Thor's deep laugh almost covered the disappointed in his voice, he looked upon Loki's murderous expression and the smile dropped from his face "Look Loki, I'm sorry. I really wish it didn't have to be this way... as soon as I get the chance I'll set everything right, okay?" he pleaded reassuringly.

"You humiliate me, you coward" Loki scowled menacingly, "If you need me I'll be in my room putting on my shackles" He spat sourly before stalking off with a twirl of his cape, leaving Thor standing alone and pitiful among the stunned audience of the control room.

After a moment Bruce shyly emerged from the scattering crowd and situated himself standing awkwardly next to Thor "Hey, umm if it's any help I'll be here to speak on Loki's behalf, as will... well most of the people of this ship. I really believe he's changed and I think he deserves the Avengers to give him a second chance, but it's going to be tough. You can hardly just expect the people of Earth to willingly accept him after what he did. Especially if he keeps acting up the way he does..." he trailed off nervously, looking over his shoulder in the direction in which Loki had exited.

"Thank you Banner." Thor muttered halfheartedly.

"Err yeah, no problem." Bruce awkwardly fiddled with his hands before patting Thor uncertainly on the shoulder "Well I'll leave you to it, I should probably go... do some stuff".

Thor wiped the blood off his hands with his cape absentmindedly, staring out upon the sphere of twisted clouds and smudged patterns of land speckled with glowing lights among the wide spectrum of blues. He contemplated whether or not he should go after Loki and hoped with everything he had that this would work out. He couldn't bear to lose his brother again, not after they'd finally come so close to getting along.