Graduating and life decisions

Emma's POV

Both Brett and I got better just in time for finals. Oh yay! I still can't believe I'm pregnant. I know I wanted to further my education, but now I had to think about someone else. As for giving up the baby, that was a big fat no.

I know it's a personal decision and some people make it for whatever reason but I couldn't. Just thinking about it was making it hard to concentrate on studying. It also left me preoccupied, which caused our friends to question what was going on. We decided to tell them.

Their reaction was this. The twins said they hoped the baby didn't get Brett's twatwaffle traits. Drake said he shoots, he scores. Louise told Drake that sex could wait. That was funny to see his expression.

Jason and Shay, on the other hand, had a bomb of their own to drop. Shay has been hiding a little secret, and so has Jason. What was the secret? The fact they had been hooking up on the down-low, even before I got here. Did not see that coming. Also, it turns out Shay was expecting and further along than anyone knew. We didn't see that coming.

When asked what they were going to do, both said the same thing; they were keeping it and raising the child together. Whether they would be a couple, was left to be seen. Just because people have a baby, doesn't necessarily mean they stay together. Shit happens.

They would figure it out.

********
Finals arrived, and I did the best that I could, considering the circumstances. On a good note, I managed to pass all my classes. Thank god.

Now it was onto graduation. I still couldn't believe I was here. A year ago, I almost ended it all, all over a stupid guy. I shook my head at that thought. How I could let someone control me like that for so long was beyond me.

Thinking back on it, what did I ever seen in Gavin that made me like him that much? There was absolutely nothing appealing to him. Whereas Brett, there was so much more. It's funny how things work out that way.

I felt two arms snake around me from behind, and a hot breath fan the side of my face.

"Ready?"

"For graduation? Definitely. For life? Not so much," I sighed.

"Cupcake I have a special graduation present for you after we get our diplomas," he whispered.

I turned and looked at him, "what?"

"Nope, you just have to wait," he smirked. Figures.

He kissed me then led me out of my room to our future. I had a feeling that the boy was up to something. He's a twatwaffle. He's always up to something.

*********
We all sat there as we listened to people drone on. I think at one point, Jason fell asleep. I know, he did. He was snoring. Shay smacked him to wake him up.

Finally, after many boring speeches, they called us up one by one to get our diplomas. Then as Shay got hers, her water broke. Well, okay, then. Guess she was further along than any of us realized.

Jason grabbed their diplomas and took her to the hospital. My best friend was a twit. Rule number one unless you're in a serious relationship, always wrap your shit. Those two were going to need to figure out precisely what they wanted with each other.

As for me, I already knew what I wanted, and she came into my life at the right time.

Once we all collected our diplomas, that's when I decided to tell her.

"What?!" Her eyes widened.

I looked at her sheepishly.

"Are you sure," she asked me.

"My parents wanted me to have a future, and my mom wanted me to have a family. So, why not both?" I shrugged.

"Are you going to be okay going back to the house," she asked with concern.

I took her hands and looked at her, "as long as I have you and our baby, I'm sure. It's what mom would have wanted. Plus, I have to tell you, the thought of selling memories didn't sit well."

She let go of my hands and wrapped her arms around my neck, "I think that's a great decision." That made me smile.

********
With graduation done and everything in place, we decided to get married before starting school. As for the baby, Grant and Meg offered to take care of it, while we took classes, this the reason why a local school is ideal.

As for Jason and Shay, they ended up having twin boys, Logan and Lucas. Jason also decided to be responsible and commit to Shay. I was glad. The one thing I learned with Cupcake is that toying with someone's feelings can lead to disastrous results.

Mom would be proud of me. At least I hope she is.