2

Eliot wanted to change the subject. “So uh, um thanks for the coffee.” “Anytime.” Jax smiled. His smile made Eliot’s heart flutter. So, tell me about yourself, eliot.” “w-well, i like music and art, i’m really good at drawing, i basically live off of coffee. I’m close to top of my class. I hate watching people i care about get hurt.” Eliot stirred his coffee “You forgot something. You’re really clumsy and really cute.” Jax looked down. Eliot blushed “How about yourself?” “well, obviously im super handsome,and i’m pretty good at school. And also happen to be in the right place at the right time to catch some cute boys” Jax smiled. Eliot’s phone went off and he looked down. He frowned at the text. “Everything alright?” Jax tilted his head “yea, but i gotta go my friend needs me. She broke something in her apartment again.” Eliot sighed. Jax reached over and grabbed Eliot’s hand “Do you really have to go right now?” Eliot blushed “Y-yea. Sorry.” “Then take this as you leave” Jax handed over the receipt for the coffee “Thanks?” Eliot was confused but pushed the receipt into his pocket “thanks for coffee, bye”

He left and headed to his friend’s house. Jax smiled and walked to his own house. It was hours before Eliot was able to fix what was broken and head to his house. He laid on his bed and smiled remembering what happened at the coffee shop.

His phone went off and he answered “Hello?” “hey, yea you texted me you had an encounter with a boy today?” It was his older sister Kamryn on the phone, kamryn was already almost finished with college and was the only one who knew about her younger brother’s sexuality. “Yes! And he was so cute!” Eliot squealed “How’d you meet him? What’s his name? Is he nice? Cute? When’s your next date?” Kamryn loved talking about boys with her brother “I was going to get coffee with Lily, oh and she kissed me, and then she had to leave and i was walking up to buy my coffee when i got pushed over and he caught me and then bought me coffee and then we talked for a while, and his name is Jax.” Eliot blushed just remembering everything “Jax? Ah, is he a bad boy? A cute bad boy?” “I don’t know if hes a bad boy, just because his name is jax doesn’t mean he’s a bad boy. And yes he is cute,very cute.” “Oh my gosh, you have a crush on him!” Kamryn gushed “do not!” Eliot pouted “You do to. Did you get his number?” Kamryn laughed “no i didnt ask.” Eliot shrugged wishing he had asked “oh, that sucks. Maybe it was just a one time thing” Kamryn’s tone changed to sad. Eliot remembered the receipt “wait, he did give me the receipt though” He took the receipt out of his pocket “that’s quite strange” She was confused. He looked at the receipt, across the top was written ‘call me sometime’ and a phone number “I gotta go” Eliot’s heart started racing “He left his number on the receipt didn't he?” Kamryn smiled “maybe now i gotta go” Eliot hung up. He typed the number into his phone then texted.

 He typed the number into his phone then texted