Zach nodded, smiling slightly at my reaction. "The only contacts in there are me, Susan and Davidson. You should add Lily."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

 Zach pulled out another thing from the paper bag and handed it to me. A red turn-lock women's purse that set alarms in my head on sight. 

"Do you know this?" Zach asked.

I shook my head, "Is it mine?"

"Yes," he set it down in front of me and I picked it up. "We got this from the car after your accident. It still has everything from that time."

My eyes widened at that information. I twisted the lock and checked the contents. Eight cards and a thick wad of hundred dollar bills. My eyebrows crumpled at that and I took it out, immediately counting.

Forty grand in the flesh.

I lifted my head, confused. Zach was watching my reaction.

"Do I usually carry around so much cash?"

Zach didn't say a word at first. He took the purse from my hand and put the money back.

"Since you've forgotten your passwords and signature, you'll be needing cash for now."

Zach's phone rang and he picked it up. The change in him was immediate as he talked to the person on the other line. His manner was brisk, the exchange cold, and when he ended the call, he was already standing up.

"Davidson," he called. Davidson nodded and immediately walked out of the room, Zach picked up his phone and glanced back at me. "I need to go. You can use the black card for now, the one I gave you after we got married." he told me the password and I nodded.

I stood when he started to walk out, "Good bye." I said.

Zach's shoulders stiffened, flicking me an undiscernible look. "I'll be home before seven."

I nodded.

It was lonely to eat by myself and I immediately lost my appetite. I went upstairs and started the bath instead. I probably didn't shower last night either and the back of my feet could use some ointment. I took my time bathing in the tub and when I got out, I realized I was facing the same problem again. I had nothing to wear.

My dress from the night before lay discarder on the floor and Zach's words came back to me.

"I already hate this dress. Every guy in that room was undressing you with their eyes."

I seriously did need a change in wardrobe. I grabbed one of Zach's shirts and tucked it into my tiny shorts. When I came down, Susan was hurriedly walking to the front entrance. I watched her.

Susan noticed me then, "I have to go out and buy a few things."

"Okay," I smiled. "Goodbye."

"I'll be back in an hour."

When she turned to press the combination on the lock, I saw it and immediately memorized the numbers. When door slammed back into place and I already knew what I was going to do today.

I ran back upstairs and pulled out a suitcase. I started removing clothes from the rack and dumping them hurriedly. When I filled up the suitcase, I dragged it down the stairs and came to the door.

My fingers shaking a little, I pressed the combination I saw. My heart leapt when the door buzzed then unlocked.

I was going out alone, I smiled to myself. Why was this experience making me suddenly giddy?

I leapt when I heard the ding of the elevator upon reaching the ground floor. I didn't know where I was going but I dragged the heavy suitcase behind me until I reached outside. A cab immediately stopped in front of me and the passenger window rolled down.

"Need a ride?" a rough voice asked, I immediately nodded.

A grumpy old man got down to put my suitcase in the trunks. He grunted at the weight, "That will be an extra fifty bucks just for lugging this thing around."

"Okay," I agreed. The man looked startled at my answer.

"What?!" He barked, when I didn't get in.

I bit my lip, "I... I have a few more things upstairs that I'm taking with me." The old man glared at me and I smiled sheepishly. "How about we make that an extra hundred."

The old man got down again and curiously looked me up and down, piercing grey eyes glaring.

"Where am I taking you to?" he asked gruffly.

My smile widened, "To the nearest charity please."

Can you guess what happens next? 

A filler chapter but necessary. Vote, comment or share the story if you did like it!