The Room

The corridor somehow seemed darker after the Trickster’s appearance, though whether that was fact or just his perception, Sherlock wasn’t sure.

“So where so we start?” Dean asked.

Sherlock looked at him. “The ‘Christmas Room.’ Obviously. If the Trickster said it was a good choice, I highly doubt it was, but at least we know what to expect when we enter it again.”

“So, do you…” Sam began.

“Remember where it was? Of course I do. That is, unless the Trickster changed the rooms around while we were walking, which is always a possibility.” He sighed and began walking back the way they had come. “It serves to reason that behind some of these doors are inhospitable places and creatures. We would do best to start at the place we know no enemies are lurking, at least not at the offset.”

Dean looked at John. “Is he always like this?”

“Pretty much, yeah.” John replied with a shrug. “You sorta get used to it.”

Dean gave a laugh, as they followed Sherlock’s brisk pace back to the starting point. It wasn’t too far away though, only a ten minute walk.

“Are you sure this is it?” Sam said as Sherlock stood in front of a door.

Sherlock gave him a look.

“He’s sure,” Dean muttered.

John laughed.

Sherlock gave him a disapproving look. “Shall we?”