[19]

---

---

Bella was bad. She was sickly looking. She'd lost a lot of weight, her eyes were dull and they had grey bags underneath, ones that even concealer couldn't fix. Charlie and I were beyond worried. That's why we had discussed her going back to Jacksonville. We were outside and I knew Charlie was going to tell her. She looked worse than ever and I wanted nothing more than to cry at the fact she's a shell of a person. It made me angry. Angry at the Cullens for leaving, angry at Edward for ripping out her heart, and angry at Jasper for hurting me.

"Alright, that's it," Charlie spoke up as Bella shut the truck door. 

"What?" Bella questioned, glancing between the two of us.

"You're going to Jacksonville to live with your mother," he told her.

"I'm not leaving Forks," she argued. 

"Bells," he began, his voice soft. "He's not coming back."

"I know," she spoke.

"It's just not normal, this behaviour. Quite frankly, it's scaring the hell outta me, and your Mother," he explained.

"And me," I added.

"Baby, I- I don't want you to leave I don't," he continued. "But just go, go to Jacksonville, make some new friends," he suggested. 

"I like my old friends," she fought. 

"Well, you never see them anymore," he declared. 

"I do, yeah," she insisted. "I'm gonna go shopping tomorrow, with Jessica and Sky."

"You hate shopping," I told. 

"I need a girl's night out."

"Alright. Girl's night. Shopping. I like it, go. Buy some good stuff."

I got into the truck as Charlie spoke. 

---

"I don't know, why you wanna sit through all those zombies eating people, and no hot guys kissing anybody. It's gross. Like why there are so many zombie movies anyway?" Jessica complained as we walked out of the movie theatre. In all honesty, the movie was not that good. It consisted of a plot that didn't make sense and a bunch of people dying. That was the only good part. "Is it supposed to like draw a parallel with leprosy? My cousin had leprosy, it's not funny, you know?" I kept humming in response, showing her I was listening, as Bella wasn't. "And like is it supposed to be a metaphor for consumerism? Because don't be so pleased with your own like self-reverential cleverness, you know? Like, some girls like to shop." She glanced over at Bella. "Not all girls, apparently. I was surprised you called at all, you know? Like, your depression thing. I'm totally, totally worried. After a while, it's like, she's still bumming? And I'm going through stuff too, you know? Like Mike deciding he wanted to 'just be friends?' That's hard, you know?"