Forever

I can feel you falling away

No longer the lost
No longer the same
And I can see you starting to break
I'll keep you alive
If you show me the way
Forever, and ever
The scars will remain
I'm falling apart
Leave me here forever in the dark
Give me a sign, Breaking Benjamin

****************
" Moments in life when you find true love or true friendship, are rare. And today, I found mine. I found her . And apart from that, most importantly, I found myself. I found the lost Patricia. She accepted me for what I am, for my past. My mate. My Alissa.

I was called upon by Dr. Alexis to check on a case in the Blood Moon Pack. At first I was reluctant. But little did I know, that I'd find my mate in the process. Just as I finished my work, I heard noises from outside. As I approached, my wolf began being restless. I remember asking her what was wrong. But she just grew more restless and irritable. She wanted to take form but I resisted her urge and tried to calm her down.

Then I saw her. Arguing with the receptionist on some matter. But I was too dumbstruck to care about what. I instantly knew she was my mate. Her long blonde hair flew in waves and she was looking gorgeous in the simple tank top and jeans. Banging her hand on the desk in frustration, she went out.
I followed her out. And then she stopped abruptly. I knew that she was feeling the exact thing that I was feeling. The feeling of finding one's mate. She turned around and our eyes met. Green meeting brown. Truth be told, I was quite afraid. Afraid of what she might think of me and above all , rejection.
But she jumped on me and held me tightly in a hug. Her actions washed away all my fears, all my doubts.
And then the very cliche thing every werewolf says. 'Mate',  I said.

Her name is Alissa. Even the name excites my wolf like crazy. We went to Rosie's, a family diner. Sitting in a booth, we both ordered burger and fries. After a few formalities, I asked,
'When did you know that, you know,  you were interested in girls? '

' Well, to be honest, I've never had a girlfriend before. And boys never interested me. I do have a best girl friend on whom I once had a crush. But it quickly faded away. What about you? '

I was hesitant. Should I say? I was in a dilemma. But then I chose to say cause new relationships shouldn't be based on lies.

' When I was 16, I had a crush on a human girl.  She was in my school. I was always a shy person. I thought I could keep this secret with myself . But more the days passed, more attracted was I getting. So a friend of mine told me that I should tell her. Mustering a lot of courage I decided I should. It was a Friday night which meant football game and she was on the cheer leading squad. After the game I approached her and spilled out my feelings. But her next action broke my heart completely. She laughed humorously and called all her girls to tease me from then on. So not only did she reject me but also made my days in highschool a living hell. ', I spoke out my heart. 

'She was a bitch to do that to someone like you. '

I laughed and said, 'You betcha. But back then I was shy and quiet. Now I'm changed, for my own good. '

She smiled and we talked a bit more.  I asked her out on a date on Thursday which was yesterday.
I've never been on a date before. But I had seen innumerable romantic movies and so I thought I should take her to the new Italian restaurant in the city. It was perfect for a romantic date.
I picked her up from her home and drove to the city. She was looking flawless in her red ankle length dress. This was all so new to me and I was loving every second of it. Her eyes, her hair. Everything, everything.

When we arrived the place was a bit packed up. But I already had made reservations. We sat facing each other on our designated seats.
'So, what do you want to become? ', I had asked.