A New Guardian - Chapter 1

North was having a hard time thinking. Something about the display of the globe had got his mind racing while he waited for the other guardians to arrive.

"North!" Tooth exclaimed running, or should I say flying, up to North, who, if you must know, is Santa.

"Tooth. I am glad you can come, Sandy has already arrived." North said, patting Tooth on the back. Tooth's fairy wings fluttered, as three of her fairies smiled. A man made out of sand was hovering slightly as well.

"Cold feet, cold feet. North! Why is your place so cold?" A huge bunny said rushing into the main room. His Australian accent seemed out of place in the cold snow.

"Bunny. You know that I live in the coldest place in the world. And I wouldn't have called you into the cold if it wasn't important." North sighed, nodded at the rabbit.

"So, what is it?" Tooth smiled, and Sandy nodded, making images with his sand above his head. One image was a present, another was a tooth, and the last was an egg, each of these images was finished with a question mark.

"No. None of us need help with our jobs. This is something more serious. About the boogie man."

"Pitch Black?" Bunny said, grimacing. He didn't like the idea that North had called him to the pole for another one of his gut feelings.

"Yes. He was here. Black sand had covered the globe, and we all know what this means." North continued. He was looking over at the other guardians excitedly.

"Pitch's sand was here? I... What?" Tooth said, settling to the ground. They were all deep in thought; they didn't notice the moon shining brighter. Sandy, however, payed enough attention to notice the light from the moon.

"Do..." Tooth started and she looked over at Sandy, who had made an arrow and was pointing it at the moon. "I think the man in the moon wants to talk to us."

"Manny!" North said, looking at the moon. "What do you have to show us today?" The moon didn't even bother casting a shadow, as the guardians already knew that Pitch was a threat again. He just shined light on a 'G' on the ground, and a pillar came up. On the top of the pillar there was a crystal, which the moon's light was reflected on.

"Guys, do you know what this means! A new Guardian!" Tooth exclaimed, jumping back into the air and fluttering nervously.

"Why do we need a new Guardian? It can't be that big of a deal." Bunny said annoyed, watching as the first figure formed in the crystal. A hooded figure, with a stick.

"Jack Frost." North said, looking over at Bunny.

"Jack is not a guardian." Bunny said simply and Tooth smiled, before regaining herself.

"Bunny. Manny choose him." North said, and then he noticed the crystal change people. This time it showed a girl with extremely long hair, and a frying pan.

"A second guardian?" Tooth asked, and then the image changed again.

"A third?" Bunny said as another boy's image was seen. This one was scrawny, and had a dragon behind him. And then a fourth image, one of a girl, with bushy hair, and a bow.

"Four?" North said, at the same time as Sandy made a number four and a question mark with his sand. The pillar went down into the ground again. The four guardians looked at each over, unable to speak. Tooth was the first to break the silence.

"Four new guardians."

"I guess this is a bigger deal then I thought." Bunny followed after her.

"Then we need to get them here, and explain." North said smiling.

"The bag and portal strategy?" Tooth asked, starting to get excited again.

"No. I'll go fetch them with the sleigh. It seems like a much better strategy" North was still smiling. Tooth nodded and Sandy gave North his thumbs up.

"Go on than! I want to meet them!" Tooth yells and North climbs onto his sled, and flew off.