Chapter 7

Each class has specifically twenty members. There are literally twenty desks for these twenty members. So I had to boot someone out of the 1-A club. I basically looked everyone up and... well, I kicked out the one with the least amount of fan art--- 

I'm sorry, Sato. May you rest in peace. Your baking will be remembered. Please don't kill me for removing someone--

Lillian's pov

April snuck up on me, and with it came my nerves. They tackled me in the two weeks leading up to my first day of school. They fit full force when my uniform arrived. I stared in horror at it, wondering just why I was doing it to myself. My mom, on the other hand, wanted me to try it on so she could get photos. I adamantly refused, snatching the clothes away and rushing off to my room to stash them.

But now that fateful day is here, and I really don't have a choice.

"Oh, you look so cute!" My mom shrieked happily as I stepped into the kitchen. My cheeks reddened immediately. The skirt on this thing is way too short. I put on leggings to try and make it more bearable, but I still feel so exposed. The blazer also looks dumb on me, and I don't even know if I tied my tie correctly. I feel like a mess. I didn't know what to do with my hair, so I put it up into a bun, and it looks really dumb. But now I'm too nervous to take it down! 

"Let me get a picture." My dad butted in. "Ma will definitely want to see this."

"D-Dad." I sputtered, my cheeks reddening further. My parents had gone above and beyond, buying me brand new, pristine white sneakers and a backpack to match. They'd also bought me an extra uniform just in case despite the fact that everyone got their customary one. It made me feel all the more nervous about this whole thing. They'd stocked me up with the best school supplies they could find. The pressure is real. 

"There, I got it. We have to get this printed and framed." My dad insisted. My mom clapped her hands together gleefully.

"I-I have to get going. I don't want to be late." I sputtered nervously. I didn't really want to go to UA, but I think it's far better than staying here. Who knows what might happen if I do. I don't want to be forced into an entire photo shoot. I'm sure they're seconds away from calling up the rest of the family and making me talk to each and every one of them individually. 

"Oh, be careful, dear. Try to make friends." My mom cooed, capturing me in a hug. "Try to take photos!" 

"Mom." I groaned, my face burning. My dad put a hand on her shoulder. 

"Come straight home so you can tell us all about it. My boss is letting me leave work early today." My dad's boss is also quirkless, as are many of his co-workers. They seem just as hyped as he is about me getting in. I believe a lot of them have at least one quirkless parent in their family too. 

I left the house and began my walk towards UA. The housing near the school is surprisingly cheaper than you'd think. Our house was a real deal. When we got it, the garage had actually been crushed by some sort of gator man looking to start trouble. Villains really seem to enjoy lurking around here, and UA is often a target. In my time living here, I haven't run into any real danger.

UA loomed over me in an intimidating sort of way that made me want to turn and run away. My blood turned to ice in my veins, and any color I'd had in my cheeks seeped away. My anxiety swelled. I could feel it rise from the pit of my stomach and swirl up to my chest, filling it with an uncomfortable sort of pressure and weight. I took in a deep, shaky breath.

The classes are twenty members each. There's class 1-A and class 1-B. The chances of getting in were one out of three-hundred. It shocks me every time I hear it. Even now as I trudge towards my designated classroom, I can't help but feel like I don't belong here. Not even the uniform really makes me feel like I belong.

I spotted the door for 1-A, and my face paled. The door is absolutely massive. I swallowed thickly. 

Here goes nothing.