seven-"findenland?"

finns POV

"YOU Do too?" noah looked up at me with sad eyes. i felt bad, noah and i had been close friends since fifth grade. i didn't want to lose it all over a girl, but eden was also my best friend. i couldn't throw away either of the friendships, they meant too much to me.

"i'm sorry," i looked down at my pants and fidgeted with my hands.

"don't be, you can't help it," he shrugged as the girls walked in the bedroom.

"can't help what?" grace plopped back onto the air mattress. eden sat down next to her but instantly adjusted her position, laying her head on a pillow next to grace.

"nothing. what'd your dad say?" i moved from sitting against the bed frame to laying on my stomach.

"he said yes, but you're gonna have to share the air mattress and grace and i will share the bed," she pointed to the queen sized bed.

"yay!" i squealed like a child.

"wait, we don't have any clothes and stuff," noah copied my position and went on his cracked phone.

"it's not like you would've changed anyways if you were at home," grace pointed out, causing eden to laugh along with her.

"hey! not all boys are gross," i defended while swatting at grace, but she was too far away for me to hit her.

"be honest finn," eden spoke up, "would you have actually changed your clothes if you were home?"

"no.." i grumbled.

as the three of them continued talking and laughing, i was thinking about my feelings for eden. i had to ask her out soon. before noah could beat me. what if i did it tonight? no, how am i gonna get her alone without noah or grace. maybe tomorrow, if grace and noah leave, i'll stay. i didn't really think about if she would say no, i guess i just thought eden was too nice for that.

12:48 pm
the next day

noahs mom had picked him up about an hour ago for his sisters soccer game, and grace was just leaving.

"bye grace," i awkwardly waved from edens kitchen table, she just waved back.

"noo! don't leave me here with frog face," eden fake cried and i put my hand on my heart dramatically.

"my frog heart is offended!"

"get over it, dork," she laughed, closing the door after grace walked out.

"what do you wanna do now? it's all lonely," she swung her legs that dangled from the top of the kitchen island.

"hmm.. oh! we should go swimming!" i suggested, jumping off the barstool and looking out the glass sliding door that lead to her backyard.

"it's like sixty degrees outside, finn. get used to september," she walked up towards me, reaching her arm up to my shoulder and patting it as i stared sadly outside.

"we can..." she dragged on, thinking of something else to do, "make a fort?"

"oh heck yeah!" i fist pumped the air, running down edens steps with her trailing behind me.

"no finn, put that blanket right there!" eden scolded me, pointing to the spot where i was already putting the blanket in my hand.