16. I can't believe it! You naughty girl!

Start from the beginning

“Hey, Jules!” Mike called me out through the loud music, “We’re going to dance,” he raised his hand that was intertwined with Linda’s, “You wanna join us?”

“Er…” I glanced at Evan who didn’t look excited about the idea, “I think I’ll pass, maybe next song.” Mike nodded, and proceed to take Linda to the dance floor. I turned on my seat to get a better look at my boyfriend, “Not a fan of dancing, huh?”

“No, but if you want to-”

“Nope, not a fan of dancing, either.” I admitted, drinking my soda.

“Maybe we could learn together,” he offered.

“You think so? I might step on your shoes,”

He shrugged, “I’ll wear security shoes then.” I slapped his shoulder playfully. Evan glanced at somewhere at his side and gestured me to look at the dance floor where Linda and Mike were kissing each other desperately.

“Whoa! That was fast.” I said shocked.

“Seems like your cupid work is done here.” Evan commented, “Wanna get out of here?”

I grinned at him, “Sure. I told Laura to come though. She’ll be pissed if she comes and I’m not here.”

Evan got on his feet, “Then text her. I wanna talk to you in a place where I don’t have to yell or repeat things.” I agreed with him. 

I typed the perfect text for Lau:

Evan and I are back together.

Had to leave the club,

Sorry,

-J.

Her reply made me blush fiercely.

Happy 4 you!

No worries,

going with the guys anyway.

P.S Use protection.

-L

Guys?

Oh no… I really needed to get out of that place. Laura was probably coming with Jordan and Shane. And I didn’t really think Evan would be happy to see Jerkpid. Evan went out to get his car while I headed to the bathroom. Apparently, that soda had been processed quite of fast in my system. After peeping, I was fixing my t-shirt in the mirror and my hair.

I like your hair loose. It looks better.

I had completely forgotten about the freaky person sending those texts. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I hesitated to check it.

Please, let it not be creepy texter.

Well, my prayers were not answered. It was indeed another message from unknown number.

‘“Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow,

That I shall say good night till it be morrow.”

I frowned. Creepy texter was quoting Shakespeare. Really? Leave it to me to have a cult, weird texter. I didn’t bother in replying, I just rushed my way of that club.

But I couldn’t shake off the feeling of being watched the entire time.

A few minutes later and visited to some Chinese restaurant, we were sitting on Evan’s car hood. We had some Chinese take-out and soda. Evan had driven all the way up to Crookwell’s big hill. It was that cliché kind of place where you can see the entire town. I guess, every place has one of those. It was cold out here but I didn’t mind. The stars looked beautiful. I was sitting crossed leg while Evan had his feet dangling in the air. I handed him his box of food, and then started eating mine. When we were done, we put the bags away. Evan was the first one to speak,