16. I can't believe it! You naughty girl!

Start from the beginning

We reached our table to find Mike sitting there alone. Evan had dropped us on the back entrance of the club and went to look for a parking space before joining us. He was taking a lot of time though.

My phone vibrated in my jean pocket. I pulled it out to check a text from Laura. I’d texted her, letting her know I was there. She’d kill me if she found out I’d come here without her knowing. She wanted to know this club so badly.

I’ll be there in five’

-L.

Lau was lucky to be old enough. She had her eighteen birthday last august. I wondered if she would bringing Jordan along. Yep, definitely, Lau didn’t have it in her to come to a club all by herself. Linda showed up with two drinks in her hands.

“There you go,” she handed me one.

I took it, sniffing on it, “What is it?”

“Lemon juice, what do you think?” Linda rolled her eyes. I glared at her.

I took a sip and the bitter taste of alcohol made my throat burn. I grimaced, putting the glass on the table. A wave of heat hit my body.

I am so not drinking more of that.

I picked up my hair in a ponytail because even when the place had AC everywhere, it was still pretty hot inside of here. Mainly, because the place was full.

My phone vibrated again and I checked it, expecting to see a text from Laura but it was a text from an unknown number:

‘I like your hair loose, it looks better’

I froze, reading the text over and over again. What? I looked around the mass of people but everyone was either dancing, chatting or drinking. Linda and Mike were laughing at some joke Mike had just told.

Confused, I typed a reply.

‘Who is this?’

The reply came a lot of faster than expected:

‘I’m no one, just a humble observer.’

I frowned, my eyes roaming around the club once again. Was this a joke? I was getting a little bit freaked out.

Me: Seriously, who are you?

Unknown: I am no one in your life… yet.

Me: This isn’t funny.

Unknown: I know. Don’t be afraid. I mean no harm.

Yeah right…

Me: Then tell me who you are.

Unknown: Names are not important.

Me: If you’re not going to tell me your name. Stop texting me!

Unknown: As you wish and you look cute when you frown like that.

What?

A pair of arms were wrapped around me from behind. I jumped, letting out a little shriek.

“Whoa!” Evan exclaimed in my ear, “You’re jumpy.” He sat next to me.

“Sorry, I just…” I glanced down at my phone, “You startled me, that’s all.” Evan smiled and gave me a peck. When he leaned back, he was frowning.

“You’ve been drinking?”

“Just a sip,” he gave me a disapproving look, “And I’m not drinking more of it. It tastes awful.” Evan poured some soda in a glass and handed it to me. I mouthed a thank you to him.