「Chapter 3」

Jackie woke up in a panic, sweat dripping down her neck, she panted, as she looked down, she was fully on the ground, her arm wasn't bleeding, she shook her head as she shrugged it off as she fell asleep and scolded herself for risking so much as sleeping in the forest and not even in a tree or somewhere safe, she groaned and picked up her basket to head home, she felt aware, hearing birds chirp from miles away.

She foolishly rubbed it off.

What she didn't know was... the next full moon? Would be the day she visited her parents and that's when Jesse got her "visible side effects."

Jackie ran out in a shot, her eyes filled with tears as she realized she had no one. She felt faster, stronger, she could outrun them, that's what she did. Jackie paused, panting as she entered the forest, gasping for oxygen, she recognized the place... but she shook her head, trying to shake it out her mind. Then, she heard a shuffling and time ticked as a figure came out behind a tree, she saw...

Romeo. With a smirk on his face. Jackie paused, and growled, and that growled was dangerously close to a wolf's growl.

She knew what happened.

Jesse spat, as she saw the negative impact, she never thought Romeo was that... sinister... but she only shook her head, craving for a happy ending, and which the last one she looked up to had a 50% chance of bringing, well, that's what Jesse thought, because not everything is black and white.

Romeo had a shotgun to Justine's head.

"Tell me, Justine." Romeo hissed, Justine spat back, her eyes lined with hatred and betrayal, she laughed, bitterly.

"Never, you scumbag." Justine narrowed her eyes at the gang member, calmly rolling her shoulders and waiting for Romeo to point the gun at her again, movies always had the good guy escape. (That's what Justine thought.)

"Now." Romeo said in a western drawl, he was faking it, but she certainly believed it, he looked at her coldly before scowling,

"Now? Or what?" Justine laughed bitterly again and closed her eyes, but immediately her eyes shot open as she heard a loud bang that shook her head and unending pain that throbbed in her cranium, Jesse looked away just as she saw blood spattered everywhere.

"Too bad she was stubborn—" Jesse turned around as she saw Romeo smirking, "—Woulda loved to take her on a date." Jesse heard, before Romeo left the room, wiping the bloody gun with his green and blue bandana, now green, blue and bright, fresh, crimson, red.

That bandana was quite familiar.

Jesse turned violently to other screen as blood dripped everywhere, like cascades, raining down the mountain, she shivered in fear, her eyes now glued to the new screen.

What Jesse saw was the other her, now named Jessica, she was running away with Radar and everybody who had entered this glitched and messed up world, everybody was perked up and panicking in their own matter, with quivering to repeatedly wiping sweat off on their hand to their pant leg.

"What are you doing?!" Jessica shouted, she turned just to see Romeo standing still, thinking... pondering.

Jesse knew this.

It happened not so long ago.

"Saving you!" Romeo shouted at Jessica before he screamed, "Hey! Over here!" And the giant Endeman slowly and creepily twisted it's head to stare hungrily and greedily at Romeo. He jumped up and down to gain the attention of the Enderman even more, and finally he said: "Run! Jessica!" Before he ran over to shove her down the birch portal, Jessica was to tumble to the portal as she screamed.

"Romeo!" Jessica and Jesse both yelled, tears streamed from both faces. Jesse pounded heavily on the screen, it glitched, the colors of the room in the screen appeared on the screen Jesse watched. Jesse finally broke, she sat on a cloud, leaning on the emptiness of the area, crying, she weep. Sobbing. Waterfalls of tears escaped to drip on the cloud ground, which it touched and felt under. She felt wet drops on her hands... face... eyes. She was crying and nothing could stop, not even happy moments she saw before. She tried. She cried until... she smiled.

How lucky she was to have Romeo.

How lucky? So very lucky.

Jesse stood up, tears still rolling down her cheeks, she whispered to the Atlas, as she hopped in the portal and up the stairs. "Take me home..." and the book floated up from her palm to reveal a white glowing line again, it seemed like years since she saw the glow.

And that's what the Atlas did. Take Jesse... home.

Jesse zoomed out the portal, back into the temple, where Romeo was sitting, he was finicky and fidgeting with his hands and sword. When Jesse entered the room, Romeo looked up and without warning ran over to embrace Jesse quickly.

"Jesse! There you are! I though you left without me—" Romeo looked down at Jesse who held the Portal Ket and Atlas the to her face, which tears streamed down, but a rueful smile lay on her soft lips.

"Hey... where did you go?" Romeo put an arm around Jesse, before she whispered to her lover, hands brushing her hair and tucking it behind her ears so he could see her beautiful face better.

"A place... and it taught me a lot." Jesse said, pausing along with the new silence in the room, before embracing Romeo and kissing him. She knew she wasn't going to forget today.

Not ever.

No, never.

She would love him.

Until the end.

When she lay in her coffin.

Or when he lay in his.

She would care for him.

Until he took care of her too.

She loved him.

She was the luckiest Jesse.

Ever.