“Cat…” I lean over her and I see a tear fall onto her cheek. Am I crying?! “C-cat, please…”

Nothing.

I pick her up and hold her close. Why? I was just getting to know her good and this happens?! Noketsu said she wasn’t dead… so why doesn’t she wake up…? I lean back on the cold concrete wall with her in my arms. She’s so tiny, I think. I look down and stroke her cheek, I lean down and kiss her forehead. She moves her head and slowly blinks.

“Cat?”

She sits up, “Gaara!”

Cat pulls me into a hug and sighs, but when she notices our situation she pulls away and bushes. I frown in disappointment but try not to show it, she stands and looks around.

“Uh…” she looks back at me in confusion.

“Noketsu,” I hug my knees again and rest my chin on my knees as I stare at the floor.

“M-my father?!” she shrieks. I nod and she turns pale. “W-what did he say?”

“Eh,” I shrug and avoid looking up at her. She sits next to me and shakes my shoulder until I look into her eyes.

“You’re hiding something Gaara,” she almost whispers. “Please, tell me…”

I sigh, “He kicked you and said ‘don’t worry she isn’t dead but she will be if she doesn’t obey my orders’, and he made his servant Sasori untie me and then they left the room that we are in now.”

She stares forward, “And?”

“And he is in the Akatsuki…”

A single tear finds its way down her cheek; I reach over and gather her into my arms. I can hear her soft sobbing echoing off of the walls in the room.

“Shh… it’s okay,” I rub her back until all I can hear is her sniffing.

“See, I t-told you the-ey don’t l-love me,” she mumbles. I tilt her face up towards mine and press my forehead into hers, our noses barely touch.

“What about me and Temari?”

“Yeah but- you two aren’t my parents,” she tries to pull away but I don’t let her, she sighs.

“Does that matter?”

“No but, Gaara they tried to kill me!”

“What did you do?”

“I ran.”

“To Sand?”

“No, all around, my parents hunted me down every day and it made me stronger. So I became strong enough to defeat them once, but Noketsu is back. I fled for 2 years until I reached you, Gaara,” she leans so much into me I thought she was about to kiss me. And, oddly enough, I was kind of disappointed when she moved away instead. Should I… no, I’ve only known her for a few days; I shouldn’t have even been holding her that way.

“What’s wrong?” she wonders.

“Nothing,” I reply.

“Don’t worry Gaara,” she smiles at me with her eyes closed. “I’ll be fine!”

“You are going to listen to Noketsu aren’t you?”

“Yes, but I want you to make a plan to save me.”

“I will, you’re my friend,” I grin.

“Good, now when is he coming back?” she sits next to me.

“About 20 minutes ago he said an hour,” I answer.

“Gaara,” she puts a hand on my arm. I can feel her confidence breaking down at my answer.

Girlfriend of the Kazekage [ Part One ]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें