"Madison, it's okay. You still have two days to work on it." My mom tried to calm me down.

"It's not okay! I'm a robot, I have no personality, you could cut my head off and there wouldn't be a difference, remember?" I snapped at her, thinking of all the negative comments I had heard about me this season. My mom sighed and wrapped me in a hug. "I'm not sad. I'm just mad at myself." I muttered as I rested my head on her chest.

"You shouldn't be. You have gained so much talent in the last thirteen years, then most will gain in their entire lives."

"Okay, well it's the same amount everyone else here has." I slowly pulled away from her hug and started to leave.

"It's really not. I can't tell you anything else, other than that you're amazing, you've got this, I believe in you, and I love you." She put her hand on my back as we walked out of the room.

I walked into our trio rehearsal and dropped my bag on a chair and started stretching, without saying a word to anyone.

"Bad rehearsal?" Brianna asked me, already knowing the answer. "It's okay. It's a rehearsal, not a performance. You'll get it, I know you will. You always do." She gave me a comforting smile.

"Thanks. Have you heard from your dad yet on when he's arriving with Aidan?" I asked her, partially trying to change the subject.

"I don't think they fly in until Friday night." She looked at her mom for confirmation, who nodded. "You?"

"They landed about an hour ago." My mood instantly changed.

"Do you get to see them at all before Saturday?" Brianna asked me, and I looked at Jen, who was sitting in a chair behind the cameras, since I didn't know the answer.

"We might be able to set something up with just your dad, but I'm not sure. Don't quote me on that." She attempted to answer.

"That sounds just like what she needs." My mom "whispered" to Kris. She wasn't wrong, I could really use a dad hug...

"Alright ladies, lets get started!" Molly walked in and immediately picked up from where we left off yesterday.

In the car on the way back to the hotel, I started to doze off. My mom gently tapped me to wake me up when we arrived. I thanked Mark and headed up to our room. I unlocked the door and saw Kyle and Mariah sitting on our couch.

"OH MY GOD!" I screamed and ran to them. I gave Mariah the biggest hug, and Kyle jumped on my back. "I've missed you both so much!" I swung Kyle around to be in front of me and squeezed him so tight. Mom walked over and embraced Mariah.

"I need you to tell me everything about your year abroad, and you to tell me everything about hockey." She hugged her other two kids.

"Where's dad?" I asked looking around the room.

"Jen said she was only allowed to have the two of us or dad see you before the show, and dad sent us, but he sends his love and wants us to give you the biggest hugs from him." Mariah said quietly.

"Oh...that's okay." I matched her energy. Kyle jumped back into my arms and I smiled again. "I get to see my favorite brother and my favorite sister." We spent about ten minutes catching up and laughing, and then there was a knock at the door. Mom answered it, and it was Jen.

"Hi everyone. I really do hate to break up the family reunion, but it's time to send the kids back to their hotel." She interrupted.

"Can I see them again before Saturday?" I asked hopefully.

"Sadly, no. We're giving every contestant about ten minutes with some family members to get some encouragement before the big day, so if you two have anything to say to Madison, you should say it now." She reminded them.

"You're literally the coolest person ever, and I won't be mad if you leave me for four years because I know it's something you've wanted forever, even if it means not seeing you everyday. I love you, and you're going to be the best person up there." Kyle hugged my waist. I kneeled down and wrapped him in a giant hug.

"You've always been competitive, especially with me, so don't let Saturday be the one day where you're not. You have more talent in your pinky toe than I have in my whole body, so kill it little girl." Mariah gave me a small hug and Jen escorted them out. The door closed and I sat down on the couch next to mom.

"I love them." I smiled, suddenly feeling some of my stress float away.

"Me too kid, me too." Mom pat my knee.

"I just wish dad was with them." Some of the stress floated back.

"You've got to save seeing someone on Saturday, right?" Mom gave a thin smile and sent me to go change. I put on some pajamas and hugged her good night. I pulled out my phone and sent dad a quick text.

Madison⭐️: I can't wait to see you on Saturday, and I'm so sorry you couldn't be here tonight.

Daddy👨🏻: I am too pumpkin, but don't you worry. I'll be there front and center Saturday and can't wait to see you shine. Get some sleep, I love you!

I closed my phone and made sure my alarms were set. I tucked myself in under the covers and drifted off to sleep.