#1 ~ Strangers Next Door

(Rough Description: Violina is a shy girl and was rarely socialising. One day, she was greeted with new neighbors, a thought she would nwver expect because there weren't any for years in their small town. Upon greeting, she noticed something odd with the new family. Maybe Violina will go out more often this time).

1. Knock knock, who's there?

STRANGERS NEXT DOOR

"A simple hello could lead to a million things." -Unknown

         |Violina|

"Look Vi, we got ourselves a next door neighbor."

Those were the words I never expected to hear. Never in my life have I ever felt like I wanted to rip my eyes out with a wooden ladle —only because that thought was really painful. This time, was an exception and I wouldn't hesitate to do it with a knife either.

I choked on my orange juice that I poured for breakfast. Dad has never looked so ecstatic in my life. Does he really love new neighbors that badly? If so, I would be worried for this new fetish.

He was peering over the window, which was placed on top of the kitchen sink, which displayed a clear image of our yard and the house next door.

It was quite a shocking revelation actually. No one new has ever considered living in this rusty neighborhood for years now, to have them moving in was baffling. Especially if they chose one of the oldest houses of the block.

"Why do you sound so happy?" I finally ask what has been swimming in my mind since the announcement.

"Why shouldn't I?" He looked at me as if I should celebrate with him too, his brown eyes sparkiling. "Vi, we got ourselves new neighbors! We should take this opportunity to introduce ourselves!"

I forgot to mention that he's a big people's person and was the neighborhood's best friend, father and brother. I, on the other hand was the total opposite, I hated the idea of expressing myself to the world. I like to keep things personal.

"I think you should hon." I turned my head towards the stairway where my mother carried a hamper containing our used clothes of the week. She had her dark hair in a neat bun which was slowly becoming messy for cleaning every inch of the house.

"They seem like a nice family, you should welcome them with Violina's batch of mint chocolate chip cookies." Mom sneaked a knowing smirk at me, she was the most cunning of the family.

"Great idea dear, let them know that the Castles have the greatest baker in the house!" My father didn't catch mom's smirk but instead laughed to himself at his brilliant revelation.

"Oh please no dad, just gift them with mom's cheesecake instead." I plead with my hands slapped together in a begging position. I was not going to embarrass myself.

My mother catches on with my intentions and she decided to give dad a peck on the cheek.

"Will, bring Violina's cookies and make sure to bring her with you." She grinned. "The cheesecake is for this afternoon."

"Alright dear." He smiles at her and returns the kiss. Even though I was heavily hyperventilating, had to admit that was adorable.

"Violina, let's go, we wouldn't want to spoil your cookies now, do you?" My father announced as he went to rack and grabbed his coat.

As for me, I just stayed rooted in my spot beside the dining table, shaking my head no over and over. This was not happening, I hated introductions.

I was a shy and reserved person —as if you couldn't tell.

The thought of embarrassing myself even further just made me sure that I shouldn't go out there.

"Uh, you know what dad? How 'bout you go, and I stay right here eating my breakfast." I immediately sat back down. "Okay? Okay."

"Oh no you don't Missy," mom brought me up by the arm and shoved me towards dad. "You, have been avoiding these things lately, it's time you start getting social."

-Unfortunately, this is where it ended. If you want this story to continue. Comment here or in the Exordium page.