Chapter 18

August POV

I was pulling into Maya's dad's driveway. These people rich as hell. Got me wanting to buy a bigger house. Maya decided to discuss everything over dinner tonight. I am glad because I want to know why her mama was calling her 'Arrianna' and I want to know why she treated us to badly and I want to know about this teaching job and I want to know about James and why Maya was looking at him like that. I see now that Imma probably has to bust a cap in a nigga ass on this trip.

Maya POV

We walked to the door and I rung the doorbell. Caleb came and answered the door. I smiled and pushed him out my way. 

"Hey nigga" 

He pushed me back and made a face. 

"Hey, Who are these people?"

"These are my best friends and my boyfriend"

Caleb looked at everone and smiled 

"Aye waddup Yall. Im Caleb"

Everyone said their hellos and stuff 

"Caleb where is dad?"

"In the kitchen with my mama"

I grabbed August's hand and told Caleb to take the crew into the formal room while I took August to meet my dad. 

I walked into the kitchen and saw my dad sipping on some wine with Janet. I rolled my eyes. I swear sometimes I hate that woman. Anyway we walked in the kitchen. 

"Daddy!" I ran and hugged him. I was always close to my dad until he married Janet. 

"Hey beautiful girl" 

I looked in Janet's direction.

"Hello Janet" 

She got up to come and hug me. Who said she could do that??

"Hey, we missed you"

"Cool?"

I grabbed August's hand.

"Dad this is August. August this is my dad"

August held his hand out to shake my dad's hand. My dad accepted the offer and then looked at him. 

"It's nice to meet  you Mr. Wells. Same to you Mrs. Wells" I kicked him when he said that. I hate she even has my last name. Half my family hates her. 

"Likewise August. So Maya, what relations do you and this young fellow have together?"

"Well dad, August and I are together."

My dad didn't look fazzed by that. He looked at August

"August, how old are you?"

"I am 22"

Damn it. My dad looked at me. 

"Hmm that is a 6 year difference Maya" 

Before I could say anything, August started talking.

"Mr. Wells, I understand our age difference but I honestly love your daughter a lot and I love her for being her and everything"

My dad still didn't seem fazzed. I said this shit was going to be hard as hell. I just smiled and took August to what used to be my room. I sat on the bed and he sat by me.

"August, I am so sorry. I feel so bad that I even asked you to come up here and stuff an-" He cut me off by kissing me deeply and he layed me on the bed and got on top of me. He broke the kiss.

"Listen. I love you and all that you come with. If that means I have to deal with your parents then fine. I don't give a fuck about if they like me or not. I am only doing this for you baby"

I smiled and pulled him back into the kiss. It got heated

Real heated.....