brotherly brainstorming

Mulai dari awal

"I wish I could tell you," she answered the vampires, "Believe me, I've done practically hundreds of hours of research. The only thing that could remotely describe it was witch."

The brothers both looked to each other before Stefan replied, "I've seen witches before Rowan, Bonnie is a witch and she can't do that."

Voicing her annoyance Rowan replied, "Don't you think I know that? I don't know what I am, and I bet you Bonnie has control. Bonnie is allowed to feel things without worrying about killing someone."

As she went on Rowan's voice became more and more angered. Without realizing it the brothers were both staring at her hands, "Um, Rowan."

"What," Rowan snapped at the brother accidentally.

Gesturing towards her hands Damon told her, "Your hands."

Gazing down Rowan saw her hands had their usual red glow to them. "This is what I mean," she explained, "My own mind is my worst enemy." The brunette used what little control she had to calm herself back down hiding the glow.

"Well, I'll give you ten points for originality," Damon mumbled making both Stefan and Rowan send him looks. Amused he added, "What? Too soon?"

Stefan huffed at him before looking at Rowan asking her, "Can you come with us to Elena's? We got some information from Katherine you should hear."

With wide eyes Rowan said, "Way to bury the lead boys." Rowan turned back opening the door yelling to her dad already having her phone and keys in her pocket, "I'm going to Elena's dad, I'll see you later."

"Alright, stay safe honey," he told her yelling back. Rowan closed the door looking to the brothers who walked off her porch heading to the car.

____

The two friends listened as Damon, and Stefan stood around the island in the kitchen, talking about the deal Katherine had offered them.

Katherine told them if they got her out of the tomb she'd give them the moonstone and disappear from Mystic Falls for good. "You don't believe her, do you," questioned Elena as she leaned against the doorway.

"No, of course not. We just want the moonstone," Damon told them tossing a fruit back and forth in his hands.

Stefan speaking up explained, "According to Rose's friend Slater, there's the way to destroy the spell that Klaus wants to break."

Adding on the older brother said, "No spell, no doppelganger sacrifice so ergo you live and Rowan doesn't die, become a little puppet, or whatever the hell Klaus wants with her."

Rowan sighed at his comment before she asked him, "How do you destroy it?"

Moving so he was now leaning on the table, "By releasing it from the moonstone," Damon  explained to them.

Rowan made her way over asked them, "How do you two even know this is gonna work? Not to be rude but, from what Elena's told me your plans have a bad track record of actually working."

Damon sending her a spiteful look said, "'Cause we have a crafty witch on our side."

"You discussed with Bonnie," Elena said from behind them.

In response Stefan told both girls, "She agreed to do anything she could to help us."

Making a different point Rowan argued, "It's Katherine who has the moonstone. She's not gonna give it to you."

Assuring her Stefan told her, "We're gonna get it from her."

Damon added onto her statement, "Well, what he means to say is we will pray for her cold dead head if we have to."

Elena took a seat down next to her friend as the younger brother said, "Bonnie just needs to find a way to release the seal long enough for us to get in, get the moonstone and get out in time for her to return it."

Lacing with sarcasm Elena said, "Whoa, seems like you guys have already all planned out."

Boasting Damon told them, "Yep, we're awesome."

Elena shifting her seat said, "Except for one thing. We don't want you to do it." Stefan and Damon exchanged looks hearing the words leave his girlfriend's mouth.

Glancing back at them Stefan asked, "What are you talking about? Elena, we don't have a choice."

Making a point Rowan asked him, "What about Klaus? What are you going to do when he comes looking for us? Did you two think about that during all this brotherly brainstorming?"

"We'll find him right after we get the moonstone," he told her making Rowan shake her head hearing his answer.

Arguing with her boyfriend Elena said, "Is that before or after that he kills everyone that I care about, including the two of you," as she finished she pointed from Stefan to Damon.

The idea that Elena caring about him startled Damon making him stand straighter. Stefan didn't even pick up on it as he replied, "Elena, if we can dispel the moonstone, we can save your life."

"I know, everybody keeps saying that," Elena said getting up leaving the room, Stefan and Damon exchange a look again.

As she walked out the brothers looked to Rowan who shrugged saying, "Don't look at me I'm still getting up to speed here." Seeing the look the brothers gave her Rowan let out a breath, "Fine, I'll go talk to her."