brotherly brainstorming

the vampire diaries 2x10 the sacrifice

"Honey," Rowan heard her father's voice call up the stairs for her, "Someone's at the door for you."

Immediately Rowan formed a confused look on her face. Exiting her bedroom fully dressed for the day she shouted back as she made her way down the stairs, "Who is it?"

As she made her way down the stairs Rowan saw the same two faces from the night she was rescued. Rowan opened her mouth a little in shock, "H-hi, guys?"

Excited to see his daughter having some or any type of friend, "Are you going to introduce me to your friends Rowan?"

Nervously as she walked closer to her front door Rowan stuttered, "Y-Yeah. I'll, um, introduce you to my friends. My new friends who I've just became friends with. Just some good, trustworthy friends."

The brothers and her father, Connor looked at her strangely for her ramblings. Pointing towards the younger brother she said, "This is Stefan and...his brother..."

Realizing she had not known his name Damon quickly filled in, "Damon Salvatore. His brother."

With a polite smile Connor Davis held out his hand shaking both brothers hands, "It's nice to meet you both. Good to see Rowan 's finally getting out there making new friends and connecting at old ones."

"Dad," Rowan cringed hearing her father.

Laughing he said, "It's okay honey."

Needing him to leave knowing they were there for a reason Rowan asked, "Dad can you give us some time to talk?"

He nodded, "Sure thing, um, I'm making breakfast if you want some Lia." He leaned in kissing his daughter on the head walking away.

Once he was gone Damon asked, "Are you gonna invite us in?"

Confused she replied, "You can't just walk in?"

"Oh if only it was that easy my creepy chick," he answered making Rowan roll her eyes at him. Adding on he told her lowering his voice, "Vampires can't enter a home unless they've been invited in or it's owned by another vampire."

"Good to know," Rowan nodded adding with a sigh, "Well since you saved my life I guess you two can come in." The brothers went to enter but Rowan stopped them, "That's for future situations, right now we talk right here."

With fake sadness Damon mumbled, "Too bad, would've loved to see the bedroom."

Rowan sighed replying, "Well I see how this is gonna go, you're gonna be the flirtatious smart- ass and I'm going to be the annoyed invisible chick who continues the banter with you."

"If it ends with our bodies colliding in one night of passion I'll be okay with that," Damon replied with a smirk making Rowan roll her eyes.

Speaking up Stefan told her, "We came to talk to you Rowan."

Shrugging she asked her voice hinting with anger, "About what? Did you figure out a way to stop the oldest vampire in history from coming to get me? To stop him from using me for whatever the hell he wants? Does it involve my father being protect? If it doesn't I want no part of it."

Stefan shook his head telling her, "I promise you we will do whatever we can to save you and your father Rowan. But, we came here to ask you about you."

"What about me," Rowan asked in return.

Damon clapped his hands together, "Well, my creepy chick, we wanted to know what the hell are you? That red stuff that shoots from your hands is something I've never seen, neither of us have. So, tell us what you are."