Day 12

Three...

Two...

One...

"Bankai!!!" Everyone stared at the voice, and to everyone's surprise, Toshiro stood there his arm raised with his Zanpakuto in hand. He was blocking Seiji's blast with his ice, keeping us all safe.
"Captain!!" Rukia, Rangiku and Renji exclaimed.
"Toshiro," I whispered. Once Seiji's blast was over, we could see Toshiro's Bankai form was already crumbling. His arm fell to his side, and his katana fell to the ground. My eyes widened as I watched Toshiro fall in slow motion.
   Everyone ran over to his side, Rukia, Renji and Ichigo going over to attack Seji and keep him busy.
   "You can't even stand anymore," Rangiku was saying as I walked over. "You're insane."
   "Well," Toshiro said quietly. "I was able to save you all, right?"
   "You're an idiot," I whispered, dropping to sit beside him.
   "This fight isn't over yet!" Rukia exclaimed as she and Renji powered up their Bankai forms.
   "Stay with Captain!" Rangiku said as she joined the fighting.
   "Hey, Karin," Toshiro said, turning his head to look at me.
   "Shut up," I said. "Just shut up. I don't want to talk to you right now." I started re-wrapping his bandages the best I could so he wouldn't loose as much blood.
"Karin, please listen to me."
"Don't say anything, Toshiro. Don't make me say it again." Tears we're forming in my eyes now, but I blinked, making them go away.
"I'm going back to the Soul Society after this is all over." I looked at Toshiro, and he gave me a weak smile. "Once I'm healed, I'll be sure to come back and see you again. Karin, I love you." Tears rolled down my cheeks as quiet sobs escaped my mouth.
I didn't pay attention to Ichigo's one-on-one battle with Seiji. I didn't care about what Ichigo said before his sword pierced Seiji's chest. All I cared about was what my own feelings were.

After things calm down a little, Rukia, Renji, Toshiro, Ichigo and Rangiku went to the Soul Society with Seiji's body. I was told to go home, and tell Yuzu and Dad what happened. But when I walked through the door with my expression, Yuzu and Dad didn't ask me anything.
Falling into my body, I lay on my bed, crying very softly to myself.

---Three Years Later---

   "I can't believe both of you are graduating high school," Ichigo said, taking a sip of coffee. "It feels like yesterday when you were showing off your junior high uniforms."
   "Quit it with the baby talk," I sighed. "I'm going to be moving to Tokyo soon, so get use to not having my presence areound here."
   "I'm going to miss you so much, Karin!!!" Yuzu exclaimed, hugging me. "Why didn't you want to go to the university here? You wouldn't have had to move out!"
   "I wanted a change," I said. "Anyways, we've got to go. Tell Dad we'll be back later!" Yuzu and I ran out the door and ran towards the school.
   "I'll see you at home, Karin!" Yuzu called as I headed towards the soccer field on campus. Waving, I went over to the supply closet and saw the bucket of soccer balls. Taking it out and walking over to the field, I started kicking it into the goal.
   "Hey Karin!" a voice called, making me whip around. "Let me play with you!"
   I smiled, tears of happiness forming in my eyes. "Sure!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

   Hey readers!!
   Whew!! It's finally over!! It took such a long time, too!! I hope you all enjoyed reading, and be sure to give me you're thoughts in the comment secontion!!
   Please read any of my other stories if you're interested!!

Thank you all so much!!! ^•^
-Anime Lover Josie