Day 4

"Hungry?" I asked, a hour and a half later. I poked my head in Toshiro's room and saw he was sitting up, typing on his phone. He looked at me when I came in with a small try with his food. "We already ate," I said, putting it down on a side table. He took the bowl of rice pointed the chopsticks at me.
   "You really should be more careful," he said. I glared at him.
   "I was careful," I growled. "That stupid Soul Reaper was way beyond my level. You should be the one getting scolded!"
   "I'm a Captain!" he growled back.
"You were hurt and almost bled to death!" I said, lowering my voice a little. "Come on, Toshiro. It's alright if you say your a little mad at Seji." Toshiro sighed and started eating his rice. I sat on the stool next to him, looking at my phone for the first time in two days. I had a messaged from Dad saying he would be home...
"Damn it Dad!" I muttered, getting up. "Why tonight?"
"What's the problem?" Toshiro asked, putting his empty bowl of stew on the tray.
"My dad's coming home tonight," I said. "This makes everything more complicating. I have to go tell the others." I took his tray and walked out of his room, closing the door behind me. I walked to the house door and opened it, meeting Renji, Rukia and Ichigo.
   "How's Toshiro?" Ichigo asked.
   "Good," I said. "Oh yeah, Dad's coming home tonight. Just thought I'd let you know." I walked passed them, leaving Ichigo staring at me. I walked into the kitchen where Yuzu was just finishing the dishes. I put the tray next to the sink and walked back towards the clinic door. When I got there, I stopped, hearing their muffled voices.
   "I think we've got the just of it now," Renji said.
   "Now I have a question for you," Ichigo said. "Why the hell are you hanging out with my sister? You'll put her in danger now that we know what's going on. Plus, your a Soul, right?"
   "I know, I know," Toshiro said. "We're two different races."
   "You know that, Hitsugaya," Renji said. "But I'm sorry anyways."
   "Shut it, Renji!" Rukia said. I heard a thump and groaning from Renji. "Can't you tell your not making Toshiro feel any better? Yeah it's true he can't marry Karin, but that doesn't mean he can't love her."
   "Who said I was in love with her or I wanted to marry her?" Toshiro asked. I heard him sigh and heard the others coming towards the door. "I'm going to get some rest." I quickly then ran down the hall to the house door and just as Toshiro's door opened, I went inside, shutting the door behind me. I ran upstairs to my room where I shut my door, going over to my bed. I lay down, finally letting the tears stream down my face. I lay there for another fifteen minutes, sniffling now and then.
"Hey Karin?" someone called from the other side of my door. "Are you alright in there?" Yuzu' voice.
"Go away," I called back, not wanting to let her hear the pain and suffering in my voice.
"I'm coming in, Karin," Yuzu said, opening the door and poking her head in. I made sure my face was dry and sat up, looking at my black phone surface to see if I looked ok.
"I told you to go away," I turned my head and glared at her.
"You seemed upset," she observed. "Tell me what's wrong."
"No," I said, folding my arms and turning my head back around. I looked down at my folded legs and felt like crying again.
"Knock knock," Ichigo said, knocking on the open door. We both turned and looked at him. "Toshiro wants to see you, Karin." My eyes widened and Ichigo continued. "Dad's going to be here in less than a hour with Kisuke." I walked out of the room and downstairs. I went to the clinic door, opened it and went down the hall. I stopped at Toshiro's door and quietly opened it.
He was sleeping on his back. His arms were above the blanket and were wrapped in bandages about halfway up. I closed the door and walked over to sit on the stool. I rested my arms on the bed and my head on my arms. I looked at his face, his forehead wrapped in a bandage. I lifted my left hand and started petting him like a dog.
"You're such an idiot," I whispered, resting my hand on his head. "No wait," I said, taking my hand way and sitting up. "I'm the idiot who believed you loved me." I stood up and headed for the door.
"Where are you going?" he asked as I put my hand on the doorknob. I turned around and looked at Toshiro's green eyes. I looked at the door and didn't answer. I heard shifting around behind me and Toshiro came up behind me. He poked me in the back of the head with his pointer and middle fingers. I turned around just as he pulled me into a hug. My eyes widened, but pushed him away, putting my hands up to my chest.
"I have to go," I said, opening the door and running out. I ran to my room and locked the door behind me. I plopped on my bed and closed my eyes, falling asleep.