Previously Chapter 13 - Childish Manner

Comincia dall'inizio

"Haha! Thank goodness I don't have to spend the whole day alone with that loser. He would've driven me crazy!"

I laughed, "Same, child. Same."

-----Later On (Time For Dinner)-----

Bruce joined us in the kitchen, while I was attempting to find a box of Kraft Dinner or something. I don't cook, Marigold is usually the one who makes dinner for us, and there is no way that I am letting a four-year-old child use a stove and knives. I am not that irresponsible.

"I'M HUNGRY!!!" She screamed as she smacked her hands down on the counter.

"Aria, she's hungry. Feed her." Bruce sat down beside her and pulled out his phone.

I glared at him, walked over, and took the phone out of his hand, "Yeah, you're not getting this back until you help me. Find some macaroni or something! By the way, you are on cleaning duty fo-"

"Hehe...you said doodie ..." Marigold giggled.

I sighed, "You have been assigned the task of cleaning the pool."

"POOL?! I WANNA GO SWIMMING!!" Marigold jumped down from her chair and bolted out into the field.

Bruce's POV

I chased after the kid into the field. Even, I, the one who pranks Blaze and never learns, is smart enough to know that there is no 'shallow end' of our pool. And having her throw a tantrum is one thing, but if the kid drowns herself then I'm a little more than screwed.

"Marigold! Hold your horses!" I yelled after her, and she skidded to a halt.

"HORSES?!?! I WANNA SEE THE HORSES!! ARIA, PLEEEEEEEASE TAKE ME TO THE HORSES???" She turned and ran back to the building.

Aria's POV

After finally finding the macaroni, I began to boil water. I heard the door open and close twice, before an exited Marigold and exhausted Bruce ran into the kitchen.

"Marigold...those are...the...least held horses...I...have ever seen!!" He exclaimed between breaths.

"ARIA PLEEEEEEASE TAKE ME TO SEE THE HORSES???????" The child was jumping up and down and clapping her hands.

I looked at Bruce with a questioning expression. "Horses? Gondoa does not have stables."

"She was going to the pool, and I didn't want her to drown herself, so I told her to hold her horses, and then she freaked out! Do not blame me; technically, I saved her life!" He protests.

I gasped, "You have a brain?! That's incredible!"

He rolled his eyes, "Sure, whatever you say, lady. Now make that macaroni, so this kid will shut up."

"Don't tell me what to do, peasant."

"You should do what I say, peasants. Both of you. I am your queen."

Bruce raises his finger, "We're not going to listen to a little girl-"

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!" The kid started screaming. Bruce freaked out, and I really don't blame him. What happens now will determine whether or not he was going to be in detention until he graduates.

"SHH! HUSH, CHILD! WE'LL LISTEN!"

She stopped, "Good. Now, gimme a piggy-back ride. Now."

"But-"

"That, or you have to kiss Blaze." She smiled up innocently.

"KISS ME AND I'LL THROW YOU INTO A PIT OF LAVA BEFORE I PUT LIPSTICK ON YOU AND FORCE YOU INTO A BIKINI AND THEN FEED YOU TO THE DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" The flame-demon yelled from the other room.