Interrogation

You could feel everyone's eyes on you especially Buckys who was sat a couple of spaces away from you. You look down at your hands and start pulling on the sleeves of your cardigan, something you often did when your were nervous. You look up to your left and your eyes meet with his. He looked concerned for you. You look opposite you past Natasha and out of the window, you spot Corax.
A small glimmer of a smile crosses your face until you remember where you are. Bucky notices your brief spark of happiness and looks out the window at the raven that had flown past. You don't have to look but you can feel a confused look on his face.

The Secretary must of been asking questions still as he proceeded to get more agitated by your lack of knowledge.

"Hydra don't just target anyone, what did they want?"

"I don't know."

"What do you have?"

"Nothing."

You begin to get more agitated as the questions kept coming. More forceful with your answers, but so did the Secretary.

"WHAT ARE YOU HIDING?"

"NOTHING!"

"WHO ARE YOU PROTECTING?"

"NO ONE!"

"HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN ENHANCED?"
You look at him confused, does he know or is he just trying to trip you up?
You look down at your sleeves again closing your eyes, a single tear rolls down your face.

!SMACK!

Bucky had slammed his fist onto the table.
You jump in your seat but not lifting your head.

"Can't you see she's had enough, she doesn't know anything," he says through gritted teeth towards the Secretary.

"Oh she knows something, and I am going to get to the answers I want," he replies.

"Not today your not, unless you want a face full of metal."

Everyone's attention is now focused on Bucky.

"(y/n) you can leave now," said Bucky.

Without hesitation you stand up from your seat and leave the room without looking at anyone.

As you walk past the Secretary he says, "I will get to the bottom of this, you mark my words."

You ignore his comment and leave the room. You rush towards your room swing the door open and slam it closed. You slide down the door your knees tucked up to your face as you let tears stream from your eyes. Your old friend swoops in from the table outside and lands in front of you.

"Don't worry dear, all will be fine," his old voice comforting your thoughts, "come on my dear, you can't just sit there sobbing all night," Corax tells you.

After 10 or so minutes of crying into your lap you wipe the remaining tears from your face and stand up.

"I'm sorry Corax, I just can't let them know what I can do, at least not just yet. Imagine their reaction? They will want to put me in a lab and dissect my brain."

"I think your over reacting a little bit."

"Well, you know what I mean. They will want to ask more questions that I might not have the answers to," you reply.

"They might be able to help you understand your abilities," he says encouragingly.

"Well while the Secretary is here I won't be sharing my powers," you say as a matter of fact.

You move over to your bed and sit on the edge.

!Knock, Knock!

Your eyes look at the door then to Corax, who flies outside.

"Come in."

Steve enters with a tray of food and a sympathetic look on his face.

"Hey (y/n), I thought you might want some food?" Steve asks.

"Yeah sure I could eat," you reply.

He walks further into your room and places the tray on your table.
He stares at the chocolates you had left splayed on the table top.

"Shit," you think to yourself.

He walks over and sits next to you on your bed.

"I'm sorry (y/n) I shouldn't of let that go on for as long as it did."

You shrug your shoulders, "it's okay Steve I knew everyone would wonder why Hydra were in my apartment."

"Bucky is getting an earful for threatening the Secretary," Steve chuckled, trying to lighten your spirits.

"He didn't have to do that for me," you reply gratefully.

"Well he was the first to notice your discomfort with the situation, you shouldn't have to tell us until your ready, but we are going to need to know eventually," he gets up off the bed.

"Eat up and get some rest," he points at your food before he heads over to your door, "if you need anything, my room is second on the right."

You nod your head, "thanks Steve."

He closes the door behind him and you head over to your tray of food.

As you do you hear Bucky, his distinct strong voice, "how is she?" you can't help but smile.

You liked how much interest he seemed to take in you.

Their voices got fainter as they walk away from your door. You sit on your sofa and eat the food that Steve had brought you. Corax flies back to your side. You finish your food and give out a yawn and a stretch. You change into your sweat pants and tank top and get into your amazingly comfortable bed. Corax take his place on your free pillow and you both drift off to sleep.

--------

You wake up early at 5am, you loved getting up at this time it was always so peaceful and serene. You don your jogging pants, white vest top and black hoodie. Corax is sat on your free pillow still, but awake.

"I'm going to head out for a jog, are you coming to stretch your wings?" you ask hopeful.

"I suppose I could get some air and freedom around the complex whilst everyone is asleep."

"Great" you reply with a huge smile on your face, "i will meet you out there."

You exit your bedroom and walk over to the elevator making sure not to wake anyone on your way past their bedrooms, although you were unsure on how much sound could travel. You reach the elevator and decide to start your workout early by taking the stairs. You gallop down and jump the last few steps to the bottom.

You stride outside. All you hear is the birds in the woodlands that surround the complex. You breathe deep and stretch your limbs. You take the path to your right and hope that it loops the building.
You start off in a steady jog and lap the building once. Most of the building must be underground as it only takes you a 5 or so minutes to complete a circuit. Corax joins you but flies high so it doesn't look to suspicious. You manage to go around the complex 2 more times before you start to get out of breath. So you push yourself harder and run into a sprint.

Corax takes this as a challenge, "I will race you to that great oak tree in the distance."

You look ahead and see the oak tree that strays away from the path that you're on, across the lawn.

"You ready?" you ask, "GO!"

You sprint as fast as your legs will carry you. For the most part you are ahead of Corax but he swoops and air dives to your level to gain more speed, he reaches the tree with enough time to perch on a branch and watch you try to catch your breath as you reach the base of the tree.

"I call that cheating" you pant, "if i cant dive....you cant dive."

"Don't worry i'm sure you will beat me one of these days."

"Come on lets head back and make breakfast," you tell him.

As you turn to walk towards the complex you see someone walking from their balcony back inside.

"Corax? Who is that on the balcony?"

"It looks like Mr Stark."

"Do you think he saw me talking to you?"