Im Sorry

He looks at you blood pouring from your chest.

You look down, Bucky leans over and grabs you. Applying pressure over the wound to slow the bleeding.

"Stop the car (y/n)!"

You grind the car to a halt.

"Shit what do we do," you push your thoughts into Bucky's head as you can't catch your breath to speak.

"It's alright (y/n) stay with me," he grabs his phone, "Steve I need you to come get us, Zemo's men ambushed us, (y/n) has been shot. We are in a field just on the outskirts of town, track my phone," he doesn't hang up but leave the phone on the dash.

"Give me your hand," he grabs your right hand and puts it over the bullet hole.

"I need to get you out of the car," he kicks his door open and rushes around to your side pulling the door clean off.

"This may hurt a little," he scoops you up bridal style and walks you away from the car placing you on the grass.

With what air you had left in your lungs you let out a scream of pain.

He places his hand back over your chest to stop the bleeding.

You look down at your blood soaked t.shirt, you knew something wasn't right there was too much blood. You lift your t.shirt up over your belly button to reveal a second bullet hole through your stomach. Bucky looks down. You begin to panic again.

"Why isn't it working, I should be healing," your thoughts reach Bucky's mind.

Tears start to swell at your eyes.

"I was wrong not to tell you what we were doing."

Bucky looks at you confused.

"What? what were you doing?"

"You need to get me to Bruce. I'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't tell you," you start to cry knowing he's going to find out the worst way possible.

"Hey its okay, just stay with me I'm not losing you today."

Just then the trees start to blow and a huge gust sweeps in, Bucky leans over you to protect you.

"Same again (y/n) I'm gonna have to lift you."

He scoops you off the ground "Aggghhhhhh."

Bucky as quickly as he can walks over to the quinjet, the ramp lowers and he steps inside. Nat is flying the plane and Steve is in the back.

"What happened?" Steve asks Bucky.

"Zemo's men found us, one said that he knows where she is and he's on his way," he explains.

You start to cough uncontrollably blood starts to seep out the corner of your mouth.

"Buck the bloods in her lung, she's chocking."

Steve grabs a first aid kit and grabs a suction syringe and a hollow pipe. Bucky grabs the syringe off Steve and pushes it through the bullet hole into your lung, he pulls the handle and the blood quickly fills the syringe. Once all the blood is out he replaces the syringe with the hollow pipe allowing free flow of oxygen and stopping the blood entering your lung.

"Thank you," you whisper.

You land at the facility where Bruce and his team are waiting with a stretcher. Bucky places you on it and everyone rushes to the lab. On your way Bucky explains to Bruce, "2 bullet wounds one exited the abdomen and the other is stuck in her lung."

"Bruce hooks you up to a heart monitor and looks down at the amount of blood you've lost. He looks at Bucky then you.

"You know what this means?"

You nod your head.

"What does it mean? Aren't you going to operate on her?" Bucky asks worried.

"It's too late for that," Bruce tells him.

"Your gonna have to step outside with Natasha and Steve."

"I'M NOT LEAVING HER!"

"Bucky, please it's fine," you whisper.

He leans down and kisses your forehead.

"I will be on the other side of that glass, okay?" he squeezes your hand and leaves.

"What did I tell you about staying away from fights?" Bruce asks. This time he isn't angry but sympathetic.

You smile, "trouble just follows me."

Bruce opens a refrigerator with the serum and grabs a needle.
You look up at Bucky who's looking through the window with a slight anger in his eyes. He knew what was happening. He storms into the room grabs Bruce by neck and pins him against the wall.

"I'm not letting you turn her into one of us. The consequences are too high. Do you realize the life you will make her live, the danger your putting her in?!" his words were cold and harsh.

Steve ran in after Bucky to pull him off Bruce, "you can't afford to threaten the Hulk Buck!" Steve says angrily.

"Bucky she will die without this serum," Bruce tells him.

"There's got to be another way," he pleads.

"She's already had one dose, she needs this half or you will lose her."

Bucky looks at you wide eyed with what looks to be tears threatening to escape his eyes. Those eyes soon turn to anger.
He is halfway out the door when you whisper, "James, please," but that wasn't enough to stop him.

Steve looks at you sympathetically, "he'll just needs some time."

You start to cough uncontrollably again, Bruce makes his way over to you and plunges the needle deep into your arm emptying it's contents.

-------

Your eyes shoot open, your heart races. You try to sit yourself up in your bed but a sharp pain makes you wince and slump back down.

"Hey try not to move much," a gentle voice says followed by a hand on your arm.

"Steve," you smile and feel instant relief.

"How are you feeling?" he asks with a concerned look.

You look under the covers at your bandages, "well for being shot in the lung and through my stomach I feel pretty good. How long was I out?"

"About 12 hours," he replies.

"What is that it? And I'm already healing from my wounds?"

"Super soldier serum will do that to you," Steve says with a weak smile.

You feel your heart sink to your stomach as you remember the pain in Bucky's eyes as he left the lab.

"Hows Bucky doing, is he?...." you start but Steve cuts you off and lets out a heavy sigh.

"Hes gone."