The Best Thing That's Ever Been Mine

“I don’t know guys, Cheyann only sees me as her best friend, nothing more,” Niall says nervously. He had liked Cheyann for a long time, had even fallen in love with her, but she had not shown the same feelings. Niall was confused and was unsure if he should confess his love to her, like the boys had suggested.

“You, my friend, are blind,” Louis says, pointing at Niall. “She’s clearly in love with you. She’s just trying to hold her emotions back because she’s afraid of getting hurt, seeing as how we are an internationally famous boy band.”

“Okay, then, Dr. Love,” Harry says sarcastically to Louis. “What do you suggest for Niall to do?”

“Simple,” Louis states. “Give her tickets to our concert. Sing a song that confesses your love, and then say that you love her, in case she doesn’t get it.”

“Whoa, whoa,” Zayn says, putting his hands up to stop them. “If he gets to invite Cheyann, I want to invite Jocelyn.”

“And you know that I just have to see Elizabeth,” Harry begs.

Soon, all of the boys start begging each other to invite their girlfriends. “Okay boys,” Louis says, chuckling. “We can invite all of them. Relax.”

Immediately, they all whip out their phones, calling their girlfriends to come over to the hotel they were staying at so they could just drive them there.

“Hey Cheyann,” Niall greets her once she answers the phone, smiling. “Why don’t you come over to our hotel and chill with us? We’ll even take you to the concert tonight.”

“I don’t know, Niall…” she trails off, sounding uncertain.

“Please Cheyann?” he begs her, wanting to tell her how much he loved her.

“Fine. For you,” she explains, a hint of eagerness in her voice. “Are the others going to be there?” Cheyann was best friends with the other boys’ girlfriends, considering that they did all go to the same school.

“Of course,” Niall replies. “You know that the lads can’t go a day without seeing them whenever we’re here.”

They talk for a little more before she hangs up. Cheyann clutches her phone to her chest, butterflies fluttering around in her stomach. She was finally going to see her best friend again. They had just gotten to her hometown for their tour and she was so excited. Maybe today would be the day that she would finally tell Niall that she was in love with him.

~*~*~*~

“Oh my God, these girls are so loud,” Elizabeth practically shouts, screaming girls surrounding them since they were in the first row. She winces as a girl behind her shrieks, putting her hands over her ears. Typical Elizabeth.

“Well can you blame them?” Jocelyn argues, staring up at Zayn on stage lovingly. “Zayn looks quite attractive.”

Niall taps his microphone, checking to make sure it was working before saying, “We’re going to be singing an old song tonight. Some of you may know it. This song goes out to my bestest friend in the whole, wide world; Cheyann.” He points at the girl, her eyes wide with shock as Niall and the boys start singing.

“L is for the way you look at me. O is for the only one I see. V is very, very extraordinary. E is even more than anyone that you adore. And love is all that I can give to you. Love is more than just a game for two. Two in love can make it. Take my heart, and please don’t break it. Love is meant for me and you…” Niall sings, the boys singing the background vocals. A trumpet starts playing its solo, and he looks over at Cheyann and sees tears in her eyes. Niall was hoping that that was a good thing.

“L is for the way you look at me. O is for the only one I see. V is very, very extraordinary. E is even more than anyone that you adore. And love is all that I can give to you. Love is more than just a game for two. Two in love can make it. Take my heart, and please don’t break it. Love was made for me and you. Love was made for me and you. Love was made for me and you!”

Girls start screaming like crazy, and everywhere the boys looked, they could see tears. But Niall only had eyes for his girl. “Cheyann, I love you so much. Would you please be my girlfriend?”

Cheyann stood there in shock, tears still in her eyes from Niall’s amazing performance. She had never thought that Niall could possibly feel the same way about her. She was so lost in her thoughts that Elizabeth had to shake her and remind her where she was. Looking up at Niall, she nods eagerly, running up on to the stage and jumping into his arms. And then, the happy couple kisses, right in front of millions of screaming girls.

~*~*~*~

Now you may be wondering, “What ever happened to Cheyann and Niall? Did they end up getting married?” And the answer to that question is yes. They have been happily married for 10 years with two children, Amanda and Liam.

And if you check Niall’s Twitter account, you can see that he has uploaded a photo of him and his lovely wife, the caption saying, “She is the best thing that’s ever been mine”.